Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors.
With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Data Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The Kuda data and decisioning team is a small, experienced team tasked with building a modern data stack that supports automated decisioning, and establishing an advanced analytics function. We play a central role in plotting Kuda’s progress and providing critical insights and capabilities as we grow the business.
- We’re looking for data analysts who are passionate about applying their analytical and engineering skills to democratise insights, metrics and data-driven decisions.
- You’ll have the challenge, and opportunity, to influence the foundations of a critical business function during a high growth phase. If you are excited about having an impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be expected to:
- Design, build and maintain data products to improve availability and usability of data and insights across the whole business
- Collaborate with product and business stakeholders to define how best to measure, monitor and understand customer behaviour and product performance
- Conduct analysis to understand customer behaviour and optimise products
- Shape and influence our data models and infrastructure to optimise the delivery of data products and insights
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting
- Drive strategic initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of insights
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ Years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Analyst and/or Data Science role, with a focus on analysing large data sets to solve problems
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- A good understanding of funnel analysis, customer segmentation, customer activity modelling, churn analysis and A/B testing
- A Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Math, Sciences, Engineering)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with tools like QlikView, SAS Visual Analytics, Tableau or Looker
- Prior experience with designing and implementing data products to track business or product KPIs
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Good understanding of the software development process and best practices
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company
- Using dbt to write SQL data transformations
- Experience with Python as a data analytics and scripting language
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply