Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Planning and supervising the execution of the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Planning and supervising on a day-to-day basis the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in the project or capital, ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Physically and administratively managing medical and non-medical stocks in conjunction with the supply officer and the stock owners and assuming responsibility for the warehouse and its contents
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are in place in order to avoid stock ruptures, losses (expiries, damages due to bad storage conditions, temperature breach) and excess stocks. Regularly checking inventory levels (physical counts), keeping inventories up to date and monitoring consumption
- Checking, recording and arranging the goods received and ensuring the availability of a wide range of items for various projects and departments (medical supplies, food, spare parts, tools, equipment, etc.)
- Ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored according to their specificity, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.)
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility including the definition and planning of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
- Interested candidates should possess an OND with 2-5 years work experience.
NGN200,000 – 300,000 / Month.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th January, 2021.
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno.
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the daily building and rehabilitation activities in the project, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of the project.
- Analysing, according to customer requirements and MSF programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs
- Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
- Negotiating agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays
- Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the drivers and mechanics in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Supervising and leading the logistic team under his / her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading team meetings
- Providing monthly activity reports and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all vehicle documentation is in order and inspection reports are filled in by the drivers
- Performing delegated tasks according to his/her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Produce, prepare and monitor all necessary technical dossier and drawings for the ongoing construction activity
- Acting as a technician, providing technical advice and oversight of quality, Ensures the implementation, monitoring, and correct functioning of the technical work within the construction team, and with the subcontracted companies.
- Ensure all technical dossier and drawings are up to date and proper archiving of them.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Essential Engineering or construction Degree
- Essential at least 3 years of working experience as construction/site supervisor
- Desirable previous experience in constructing of hospital or healthcare facility
- English language is essential
- Hausa is desirable.
- Computer and Microsoft Office literacy
- Autonomy and sense of the planning will be required.
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD and / or Revit is mandatory.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress management
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 29th January, 2021.
Note: MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.