Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminium, Copper and Lead for export. Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminium alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organisation of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Sango – Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities
- The Internal Auditor ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- She/he will also maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with the Head, Audit and presenting to the GMD.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
- Ensuring that assets are safeguarded
- Identifying if and where processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made
- Preparing reports, commentaries and financial statements
- Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with Any other function as may be assigned by the Head, Audit
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Collating, checking and analysing spread sheet data
- Examining company accounts and financial control systems
- Gauging levels of financial risk within organisations
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or any Social Sciences.
- Possession of an MBA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-graduation experience.
- Please note that all applicants should reside within Ota and its environs
Minimum Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Proven experience as an Internal Auditor
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- Project management and prioritizing
- Preparing work schedules, recording and reporting
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic thinking and strong execution skills.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning and decision-making.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th August, 2022.