The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern
Primary Function / Purpose
- The Intern will provide programmatic, administrative and logistics support to the IFES-Nigeria field office.
- Take notes in training, conferences, workshops, and meetings
- Assist in drafting IFES programs, finance and administrative reports.
- Assist in identifying and documenting opportunities within the program for lesson learning and sharing.
- Maintain detailed records of IFES’ database and cabinet.
- Proper tracking and documentation of political and election-related activities in the media.
- Support IFES Nigeria desk review, research and analysis process.
- Contribute to drafting IFES FAQs, Activity calendar, one-pagers.
- Attend and report back to the team on selected internal meetings and external events.
- Provide support to the program, finance and administrative departments at IFES Nigeria.
- Assist in scheduling meetings with partners and other stakeholders
- Assist in planning and implementation of IFES Nigeria activities.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field required.
Experience & Skills:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Working level proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Experience in social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their typed written Application, current Resume, copies of certificates and three references to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of email
Application Deadline 11th July, 2022.