Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interconnect and Carrier Assurance Officer
- The position is key in identifying potential and existing revenue leakage areas in the business and preventing such leakages thus enabling the business maximize its revenues and in essence increase profitability.
To ensure accurate recording of traffic on the Interconnect Billing System:
- Comparison of Interconnect CDRs and Switch CDRs from other downstream systems e.g. Cognos, Connectiva etc. to ensure accurate recording of traffic on the Interconnect System.
Interconnect international B Table validation to ensure billing/charging accuracy of interconnect CDRs:
- Review international interconnect dump from all Transit MSC for B table and check for all the charging, routing, and barring parameters defined on each MSC.
Formulate risks prevention techniques in the billing of all roaming services / products:
- Design controls and processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of billing of revenue products across all billing domain with the organization. Identify GAPS and initiate work steps.
- Developing and interpreting Roaming reports and revenue KPIS and providing consultation to management
- Ensuring compliance with self-validated control check list.
Drive favorable roaming revenue position by ensuring accuracy of invoicing and dispute resolution with all roaming Partners:
- This is achieved through reconciliation of partner’s records, highlighting areas of dispute and liaison with partners to resolve disputed invoices.
Conduct business impact assessments of roaming new products:
- Reconciliation and validation of roaming partners test records with Airtel data and ensuring accurate processing of records by the data clearing house.
- Ensure that routine test and validations are done for all new roaming partners, products/services to ensure accuracy and completeness to prevent loss in revenues.
Propose and implement controls to mitigate against risks in roaming financial and data clearing:
- Reconciliation and validation of Airtel records d with the clearing House records, ensuring record completeness, billing accuracy and prompt transfer of files to avoid old and unbillable records for inbound and outbound roaming operations.
Ensure that operational system and process controls are consistent with company’s expectations with emphasis on data quality and data access to ensure revenue maximization:
- Review of audit issues on roaming controls and ensuring prompt closure of any outstanding issues
- Monitoring of roaming traffic trend per revenue stream as well as analysis, investigation and resolution of traffic issues
- Conduct root cause analysis for all KPIs beyond admissible parameters.
- Ensure Least Cost Routing is prepared and implemented accurately.
Resolution of interconnect dispute:
- Resolving all interconnect disputes where variance between Airtel records and Interconnect Operator records exceeds acceptable variance allowed by NCC.
- Ensure Interconnect CDRs are made available to Operators when invoices are disputed.
Interconnect Reference data Validation:
- Ensure the accuracy of rates, trunks, switch and all other reference data configured on the interconnect billing system.
Test Call Reconciliations:
- Reconcile test CDRs between Airtel and Interconnect operators and ensure completes, accuracy and validity of CDRs before new routes are opened or expansion of existing routes.
To ensure KPIs/ reports availability:
- Ensure that Interconnect reports and KPI’s are available to stakeholders and management for decision making.
MSC/TRUNK MOU trending to monitor Operator performances:
- Monitor Interconnect Switch, Trunk and Operator to ensure completeness of Operator minutes of use and revenue arising.
Provide required support in combating Sim-boxing and traffic refilling:
- Reconcile traffic sent/from various MNOs through clearing houses to detect possible cases of traffic refiling.
- 1st Degree in Finance, Sciences or related discipline, MBA an added advantage
- A professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CISA is desirable.
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills
- Team leadership/project management skills.
- Sound knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language) and ACL (Audit Command Language) for data analysis and reporting.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant working experience with +5 years in Revenue Assurance and Fraud management.
- Proactive and resilient
- Excellent communication skills
- Good leadership/interpersonal skills.
Skills Critical to the role:
- Problem solving skills and good team spirit.
- Good leadership/interpersonal skills.
- Communications skills.
- Proactive and resilient.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply