United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Innovation Partnership (Transaction Banking Sales Officer)
About The Job
At UBA, we strongly believe that our people are critical to our success in building a sustainable and dominant business in the countries we operate in, across Africa and beyond. We go to great lengths to source, attract, recruit, develop and retain the best talent, wherever they may be in the world. To this end, we are always striving to:
- Provide a non-threatening environment that encourages and rewards role-model performance.
- Help our work-force maintain a healthy balance between work and their personal lives amongst others.
Product offering, deployment and support:
- Scope the market to identify opportunities for product sales in accordance with business requirements
- Provide sale strategies to Business Offices and drive conversion of customers to UBA online and Transaction Banking Products
- Have oversight of the sales of Online and Transaction Banking products in UBA.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to providing solutions/ services/ deployment of products to customers.
- Responsible for training and support of customers/ internal staff on products
- Monitoring of customer’s feedback on experience of our products
- Promote active cross selling between Cash Management, Channel Solutions, Collections and Partnerships.
- Responsible for sales pitches, RFPs, and sales support for the Corporate and Commercial Banking Teams and other in country stakeholders.
- Agent identification, training and support
- Deployment of Agent POS and solution.
Penetration and Profitability:
- Drive penetration on all product lines across all customers in all the branches.
- Ensure profitability of each product by monitoring and evaluating the performance of each product against the budget to attain budget achievement. This is driven by transaction counts, fees and volume of transactions on all channels and products.
- Drive the strategy to acquire new clients, maintain existing ones and achieve revenue and profitability growth.
- Carry out requirement gathering of innovations in the market space viz a viz what competition offers.
- Articulate winning strategies for UBA’s products penetration in the Retail, Commercial and Corporate segments.
- Periodic rendition of Online and Transaction Banking Products performance and Penetration reports to internal stakeholders for measurements and to drive growth.
- Identify market opportunities, potential hubs and customer needs in order to proactively provide value adding products/ services that meet anticipated needs
- Maintain the quality of portfolio and collaborate closely with all Business segments and other stakeholders
- Evaluation and identification of client needs and market trends
- Work with the Marketing Team to design bespoke Product marketing & advertising campaigns.
Training and Development:
- Periodic conducts of training for branch staff, colleagues, subordinates and customers.
- Ensure comprehensive Product training & communication to all staff and maintain high degree of Product Knowledge among all staff.
- First Degree in any relevant course of study with a minimum qualification of Second Class Upper
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Time management skills
- Cost Management
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Communication Skills (written and Oral)
- Interpersonal Skills.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
Interested in joining the UBA Tribe? We are currently sourcing individuals with at least 3 years experience in Banking. Our ideal candidates should also demonstrate:
- Basic banking operations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Product Deployment Processes including regulatory requirements in all the countries
- Good Transaction Banking and Payments product knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer business segment
- Wide knowledge of Market Practices and Transaction Banking dynamics across the geographies under coverage.
Deadline: 22nd June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.