Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: I-SBC State Trainer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID-funded project with John Hopkins Centre for Communications Programs (CCP) as the lead consortium partner. It is a multi-partner project with governments and other USAID partners to support Social Behaviour Change (SBC) and demand creation on priority FP/RH, Malaria, and MNCH+N health behaviors in Eleven (11) states and FCT across Nigeria.
- In collaboration with the SMOH, SPHCDA, LGAs, Communities, and other implementing partners in Bauchi State, Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria will support the state to use an integrated social behavior change (I-SBC) approach towards achieving desired improvements in health outcomes targeted at individual, household and community levels.
- To achieve this Breakthrough ACTION is looking for qualified candidates to serve as master trainers in Bauchi State. The trainers will participate in a 1-Week Training-of-Trainers (TOT) on Integrated Social Behaviour Change (I-SBC), which they will step down in various LGAs in these states over a certain period.
Scope of Work:
- Participate in a 1-week Training-of-Trainers (TOT)
- Facilitate a 10-day training for community volunteers, supervisors, and community actions groups in assigned state and LGAs.
- Ensure that participants demonstrate enough knowledge, skills, and competence necessary to conduct interpersonal communication (IPC), community health dialogues, compound meetings, and other community-level activities in their wards.
- Draft and submit a training report required at the end of the training.
- Build the capacity of training participants to use community dialogue framework for community volunteers
- Build the capacity of participants on referrals and data tools
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Qualification in nursing, public health, community health, social sciences, communication, or related field
- Prior experience facilitating training for community resource persons e.g. VCMs, CORPS, CBHVs, CVs e.t.c
- Excellent facilitation, communication, and oral presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical, communication, computer, and problem-solving skills
- Availability for 3 weeks to participate in Training-of-Trainers (ToT) and facilitate step-down training
- Ability to travel for Training-of-Trainers (TOT) if required
- Willingness to step down the training in any assigned LGA within the applied state.
- Prior experience with MNCH or RH/FP demand generation activities, projects, or programs
- Good technical knowledge on MNCH, Family Planning or Malaria within the context of southern Nigeria
- Fluency in local language with good understanding and appropriate context
- Resident in the state applied for and able to work in the state and any LGA
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th May, 2021.