Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. Our marketplace is supported by our proprietary logistics business, Jumia Logistics, and our digital payment and fintech platform, JumiaPay. Jumia Logistics enables the seamless delivery of millions of packages while JumiaPay facilitates online payments and the distribution of a broad range of digital and financial services.
We are fueled by the belief that technology has the potential to transform everyday life in Africa, for the better. We built Jumia to help consumers access millions of goods and services conveniently and at the best prices while opening up a new way for sellers to reach consumers and grow their businesses.
Jumia counts over 5,000 people across more than 10 countries, a diverse group of talent with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, driven by a common ambition to help build the digital future of Africa.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager – Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: HR – HR Business Partnering
- We require a Human Resources Manager for Jumia Services – Jumia’s proprietary logistics entity who will be responsible for driving strategic people agenda by partnering with the leadership within the business division.
- You will cater for all engagements, activities, processes and projects related to the wellbeing of Jumia’s employees in country of base.
Admin and Compliance:
- Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (onboarding, contracts, internal policies, immigration, leave management, payroll, offboarding);
- Ensures admin processes are running smoothly;
- Manages compliance to all HR (safety, health, other) and labour topics for all Jumia companies;
- Manages the HR & Admin team on a daily basis and in their development.
- Implements and administrates all HR policies & procedures guiding Jumia companies (recruiting, training, mobility, induction, retention, succession planning, talent management, PPR);
- Ensures processes are running smoothly.
- Promotes and coordinates initiatives that support organizational change;
- Drives the achievement of HR results by leveraging resources, developing performance standards and results in planning and monitoring;
- Implements and leads our performance management system (objective, performance based and transparent);
- Uses data analysis to influence strategic decisions and to address organizational challenges to talent management;
- Implements satisfaction/motivation barometers, measures and acts accordingly;
- Suggests appropriate events to strengthen sense of belonging;
- Manages employee relations (social bodies, employee satisfaction, health and security);
- Manages culture and the office in general (IT, logistics, office initiatives, values dissemination, every-day life).
Coaching and Advice:
- Improves the performance of others by empowering a strong leadership and coaching culture;
- Works closely with leadership to build, implement and enforce the HR initiatives (policies, programs, processes);
- Coaches managers to support and roll out people development efforts.
- Promotes feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes;
- Ensures HR practices are aligned with business needs and makes recommendations to HR leadership when changes are appropriate;
- Provides input to the design and development of company-wide HR initiatives and ensures they are aligned with business needs
Experience and Requirements
- 8+ years experience, preferably in a technology, Retail, Logistics/Supply Chain or FMCG environment.
- Clear understanding of local labor laws with regards to employee hiring and exit management.
- Experience in people strategy.
- People management skills.
- Working knowledge of using a HRIS e.g. Jobvite, People HR or Bamboo will be an added advantage.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, growing at a very high rate
- A unique opportunity of discovering Africa and having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply