The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Employment Type: Part-time
Main Purpose of Job
- The objective of the Human Resources (HR) Intern is to assist with Human Resource Operations
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring completion of employee’s documentation, HR administration and filing as well as documenting all performance actions and ensuring compliance with relevant company and labor practices, and ensuring up-to-date maintenance of personnel files as well as logistical support for the full cycle recruiting process.
- Assist and manage staff recruitment by longlisting, sending interview invitations, reference check, inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment
- Process and/or verify completeness and accuracy of all employment actions and personnel records and documentation such as employment agreements and offer letters for new staff, amendments, transfers and terminations
- Conduct terror check for consultant and new hire
- Maintain and track new hire probation end period
- Support HR team in HR updating monthly HR newsletter
- Assist the HR team in planning staff related activities
- Support the HR team in developing and disseminating information tool to staff
- Collect approved leave form and maintain the tracking sheet
- Maintain HR data sheet for staff employment history; confirmation, staff contract due dates
- Documentation of certificates and follow-up on response from former employer and conducting HR reference checks of new staff and ensure that all documents in respect of new employees are received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment
- Document staff benefits such as health insurance and life/accident insurance plan
- Documentation of consultant agreement (s) and agreements as needed and maintain all recruitment checklist for file completeness
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Minimum Education
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Administration or related field.
Required Minimum Experience
- 1 year or less experience working in the human resources department of an organization.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand comprehensive information
- Competences to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadline.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Strong work ethics and good time management
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
- Ability to interpret, analyzes, and explains the official framework employment regulation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status