Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission was officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent humanitarian needs, including improving access to food commodities for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC), later adding Primary Health Care and Nutrition activities. This initial intervention was focused on populations living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) LGA.
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated programming from 2017 onward in Bolori II sub-ward of MMC, in food security, livelihoods, nutrition, health, and Protection and Community Outreach (PCO), with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In 2018, PUI also started MHPSS activities. In parallel, PUI is supporting the coordination mechanisms through the Logistics Sector by consolidating and transporting humanitarian partners’ cargo funded by WFP since 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 10th March 2022
Contract End Date: 31st May, 2022 (renewable based on the availability of funding)
- The Human Resources Assistant assists the HR Officer in all the activities related to human resources management at Maiduguri base office.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Administrative management &Follow-up:
- Organize the necessary personnel and contractual documents for all national staff;
- Ensure that all HR files are complete and updated;
- Prepare the HR files for audit and verification visits;
- Provide requested documents for audit questions during internal and audits;
- Assist the Deputy HR Manager in the preparation of meetings when needed.
- Manage the physical archival of HR files as per the archiving and filing process;
- Update the mission contact list on a monthly basis by compiling and verifying data received from bases for payroll processing;
HR Management for National Staff:
- Maintain confidentiality of HR information;
- Assist the Deputy HR Manager in the implementation and respect of HR policy and procedures;
- Assist in the implementation of disciplinary measures (preparation of explanation letters, minutes of meetings, warnings, etc.) when necessary;
- Update the amendment information in HR Database likewise put hard copies in employees’ files;
- Follow up on the evaluation/appraisals deadlines for national staff
- Regularly update the base HR database, Access, medical insurance, NSITF & income tax monthly report.
- Prepare national staff contracts and amendments and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms & conditions;
- Maintain and ensure the completion of all recruitment documents in HR files;
- File and archive the resumes received on the email address and transfer them to recruiters;
- Be the focal point for the communication with candidates throughout the whole process;
- Schedule technical tests and interviews when necessary;
- Assist the Deputy HR Manager in the recruitments and attend interviews when needed;
- Prepare the integration of any new employee, and make sure the managers are implementing the induction plan.
- Provide capacity building training for cooks and other staff that fall under his/her immediate supervision when necessary;
- Conduct orinetation for newly hired staff on PUI templates during induction sessions;
- Facilitate refresher training based on management’s request;
- Keep track of HR training reports for for records and future audits.
- Prepare advances on salaries and pay roll at the end of each month;
- Manage the implementation of the new salary database on the bases;
- Support the printing of Pay slips during the process of monthly salary payments.
- Support in the calculation and payment of Pension, NHF, NSITF (social security) and income taxes via PFA, State Internal Revenue Service, Federal Mortgage Bank and Ministry of Finance (monthly
- and yearly) as well as all other annual declarations to Ministry of Finance;
Note: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this vacancy announcement are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department
- Follow up on all hard copies documents for national staff and update hr database by tracking submitted documents that were pending;
- Assist in the physical archival of hr files as per the archiving and filing process and make sure all documents are placed into employees’ files in line with the file content tracker;
- Support hr team in facilitating salary payment by ensuring the role of initiator of payroll processing;
- Assist in the tracking of the attendance and reconcile leave days against number of days worked for within every month
- Serve as one of the focal person during HR audits through the provision of hard copies of required documents.
- Education Degree: University Degree in Public Administration, Management, Accounting or similar disciplines.
- Work Experience: At least 1 experience in human resources management with an international ngo, additional years of experience will be an added advantage.
- Language Skills: Very strong background in English Language, fluent in Hausa.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Knowledgable about the Nigerian Labor Law and the provisions of the National Social Security law.
- Computer Skills: Good knowledge of MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel.
- Interests: Committed to engaging in the humanitarian field;
- Well organized and capable of meeting deadlines;
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within an organization;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexible with change in working schedules;
- Effective communicator.
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th February, 2022.