Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- Provide daily field support, to ensure safety is properly managed in all operational activities and to prevent loss.
- Provide necessary support to ensure that all design and construction activities carried out by Saipem are conducted in strict accordance with the Client HSE Requirements, Saipem HSE Standards, applicable local legislation and International.
- Participate in HSE Risk Management and Occupational Safety Risk Assessment
- Provide necessary support to ensure that Project HSE plans, and procedures are developed and implemented throughout the entire project life
- Monitoring and evaluating technical safety performance across all assets.
- Participate in pre-construction survey, identify safety criticalities and environmental sensitive areas and design mitigation measures
- Assist the Project engineering and management teams in the Risk Management process (i.e., HAZOP, HAZID, Hazard and Effect Management Process, Risk Assessment, etc.)
- Take part in accident / incident investigation
- Selection and monitoring of barriers to manage technical process safety risks
- Stimulate continual HSE improvements through expert Technical / Process Safety know-how and knowledge of Global best practices
- Developing and implementing Technical / Process Safety programs to meet regulatory and Company requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent is mandatory.
- Prior experience in loss prevention or educational background in loss prevention.
- Minimum of about 7 years’ relevant experience in safety engineering including performance of HAZOP, SIL and FMECA.
- Professional certification.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply