GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Operations Service Delivery Specialist, West & East Africa
Job No: R3656590
Category: Corporate Human Resources
Job Description Summary
- The individual will be responsible for carrying out all the transactions required to support the employee’s life cycle with the organization and play the liaison role between the business HRM and HR Operations across West & East Africa.
- They will be part of the HR Operations organization responsible for On-boarding, Off boarding maintaining employee relations and will work closely with payroll for Pay & Ben consolidation, adherence to local Labor Laws and HR operations integration for all GE businesses across West & East Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead / Support HR Ops services such as On-boarding, Off boarding, employee relation’s clusters and ensure people, structures, processes, and systems are aligned to deliver key objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Deliver HR transactions to the businesses ensuring all deadlines are met and customers (HRM and employees) are satisfied with the level of service.
- Proactive in leading overall sharing of best practices to the HR Services team contributing to the whole West & East Africa HR Operations forum.
- Support the relationship between GE and 3rd party suppliers e.g., Banks, Statutory, Labor, Immigration, Pension, Medical & Insurance vendor etc. where required.
- Maintain accuracy in employee document management and provide support in internal and external audits
- Develop, implement, monitor and adjust content on SOPs for all relevant in country HR Products & Services.
- Understand customer needs and ensure customer requirements are met within the agreed SLAs/timelines.
- Create a continuous improvement culture, proactively identifying processes for improvement and driving change as well as responding to business requirements.
- Maintain the highest standard of accuracy and quality, taking accountability for compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements.
- Liaise, in conjunction with the HR Operations Leader with HRM & Line Managers, Centre Leaders to keep abreast of business requirements / updates on local regulations overview, to ensure that the HR Services team and business are well-informed.
- A University Degree preferably with HR / Business Management qualification or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Good working knowledge of West & East Africa labor laws.
- Able to work efficiently without direct supervision, consistently demonstrating high levels of performance.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 2 years Human Resource experience.
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Strong operations specialist skills with a track record of improving performance in transactional teams.
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in driving adherence to SLAs’
- Good networking skills with experience in operating in complicated matrix environment and able to build good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Tenacious, resilient, and flexible, should be capable of managing a complex and frequently changeable workload.
- Understanding of HR issues is important but experience of delivering transactional services in a shared service context is key.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply