The Isa Wali Empowerment Initiative (IWEI) is a non governmental and non profit organization established with the aim of transforming the lives of the most vulnerable groups (women and children), through the provision of access to improved healthcare, education, economic empowerment programmes channeled at boosting their confidence and self esteem, and enhancing capacity building in order to motivate them towards a life of economic self reliance and sufficiency. To keep alive the ideals of Alhaji Isa Wali, which are still relevant today, the Family decided that the Initiative be named in his memory.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR and Admin / Assistant to the Executive Secretary
Employment Type: Contract
- The list does not cover the full scope of tasks and responsibilities of the Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) Officer/Asst to ES but serves to illustrate some of the areas of emphasis for the post.
- Guided by IWEI’s vision, mission, values and goals, the Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) Officer/Asst to ES will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for the organisation.
- The HR&A Officer/Asst to ES will provide strategic guidance on HR to the office. The Human Resource Officer/Asst to ES will directly report to the Executive Secretary.
- The HR&A Officer/Asst to ES will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the ES in the timely management of communications, meetings, commitments, including written, telephone and email.
- Coordinate and organise meetings; follow up on matters arising, contacts and commitments.
- Support administrative processes and procedures.
- Support with report & proposal writing and Minutes of meetings.
- Prepare agendas, attend meetings, and transcribe recordings of meetings.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and oversee a recruitment process: review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Manages the new employee orientation to foster positive attitudes towards strategic goals
- Oversee all labour engagement and manage the new employee orientation and exit process.
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Ensures that the Organisation’s overall human resources policies, rules, regulations and procedures comply with Nigeria Law.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation – ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
- Manages the human resources planning process to determine the Company’s long-term staffing needs through discussing the personnel needs with department managers and prepares personnel forecasts to plan employment needs.
Payroll and Budget:
- Coordinate with Finance Officer in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Manages the human resources budget preparation for the organisation, and reviews human resources plans
- Advise Executive Secretary on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions.
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and participants.
- Directs and oversees all administration related activities including security, preventative and corrective maintenance, office supplies and transportation.
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Conducts performance evaluation training and development and monitors department’s performance in conducting the performance evaluation.
- Succession plan and ensure training is aligned to support the plan.
- Develop training and communications materials to support learning and development needs.
- Ensure training activities meet and integrate with IWEI strategies and policies.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- Manages and develops individual human resources staff to help them achieve full potential and deliver consistently high-performance standards.
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues &work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
Level of Education / Academic Qualification:
- A University Degree, in a field related to Human Resource Management, such as: Administration, Law, Economics and 2 to 5 years related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Competencies / Abilities /Skills Required:
- Must be familiar with Nigeria specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Fluent in spoken and written English; fluent in Hausa language
Quality & Organization of Work:
- The Human Resource Officer/Asst to ES must demonstrate his or her ability to pay attention to detail and ensure work is consistently completed and accurate within expected timeframes.
Adaptability & Flexibility:
- The Human Resource Officer/Asst to ES must adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue and adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change.
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to apply judgement in complex, sensitive and sometimes ambiguous situations is essential.
- The Human Resource Officer/Asst to ES must communicate effectively to school administration and staff. Excellent interpersonal skills along with proven written and oral communication and computer and presentation skills are required.
- The Human Resource Officer/Asst to ES must be committed to professional learning towards enhancing his or her skills and knowledge to perform the required tasks. Specifically, current and thorough knowledge of employment law, human resources practices particularly in the area of employee relations and labour relations and detailed knowledge of traditional and interest-based negotiations.
Cooperation & Teamwork:
- This position involves working collaboratively with senior management and other personnel on a daily basis. The Human Resource Officer/Asst to ES must have the ability to work as a team player and work independently with minimal supervision.
- The Human Resource Manager must display teamwork skills, a positive attitude towards others and their work.
- At no time should the Human Resource Officer/Asst to ES discuss in public information pertaining to employees or the operation of the division. She/He is expected to respect the confidential nature of their position by avoiding discussion about any topics that are not formally communicated to the public by the organisation.
- Performs other tasks required and/or assigned by the ES
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Application to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
13th August, 2021.