The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR & Administration Coordinator
Job Identification: 4869
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Schedule: Full time
Level: Grade Level 7 Step 1 (Nigerian National)
Reports to: HR & Administration Manager
Travel: 25% travel to other implementing areas
Duration and type of contract: 11-months (till December 31st 2022)
Commencement: 15th March, 2022
- NRC is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator for our office in Maiduguri – Nigeria. The purpose of the HR Coordinator position is to support the Area offices by ensuring high quality and cost effective support to programme / project implementation strategy, ensure compliance within the designated gPlan of Action for the HR & Administration strategy.
- The Human Resources Coordinator reports to the HR & Administration Manager based in Borno State.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start / commencement.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc.
- Ensure accuracy of staff salaries and prepare staff payroll every month computing the Taxes and pensions.
- Ensure that staff records in all offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately in the HR personnel file archive
- Transparently manage the HRMIS/Agresso HR Database. Input employee details, allocate resource numbers and continuously update to ensure the staff establishment is accurate for payroll and reporting purposes for North region and report it to AM and CO HR on regular basis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organization Development, Organization psychology or related field.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with staff in course of work.
- Medium proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Internet Explorer.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar experiences.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions in INGO
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, or employee relations is an advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th February, 2022 by 1:00 AM.