Rise to Inspire Africa Initiative is a youth-led, impact-driven, result-oriented, non-profit and non-governmental organization that is committed to alleviating the sufferings of the vulnerable and most marginalized people in sub-Saharan Africa. The organization aims to bring about positive changes and to inspire the victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters, especially women and children, to attain self-reliance and sufficiency while providing access to equal opportunities through advocacy, collaborative networking, capacity building, and empowerment. We seek to enhance the ability of our clients to make integrated and right decisions through the many and varied programs that will help them physically, psychologically, and intellectually grow and thrive.
RIA commenced operations fully in Oct. 2020 in Borno State complimenting the efforts of partners and humanitarian actors by providing humanitarian support to unreached internally displaced populations hosted in IDP camps, camp-like settings, host communities, and returnee populations. We are working consciously hard to improve lives in the following thematic areas, education in emergencies, protection: child protection, gender-based violence and peacebuilding, conflict resolution, and the software component of WaSH.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Log Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
Job Overview / Summary
- The HR/Admin Log Officer is responsible for providing sound people management, administrative, office and logistics support to RIA Initiative’s office in line with her policies and generally accepted best practices.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to store management, inventory/asset management and supervision of janitorial services and some logistics task.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned tasks.
Human Resources Management – (60% of the time):
Staff Management – (30% of the time):
- Assist with the HR management of staff in the office.
- Liaise with programme staff to support HR documentation and processes.
- Assist with contract follow-up for national staff, including management of notification of upcoming ends of contracts with respective managers for follow-up and decisions on staff contracts.
- Update and maintain RIA Maiduguri Organization Chart in accordance with the size of the program (new staff, new dept. & new projects).
- Responsible for tracking new employees, welcome packages and arranging ID cards.
- Onboarding for newly employed staff.
- Conducting Orientation.
- Ensure timely preparation of payrolls and submission to the finance team at the earliest.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly payslips for staff salaries.
- Brief training for all new national staff on RIA system, procedures, code of conduct and internal regulation
- Answer employees’ questions and provide requested information.
- Maintain schedule and coordinate calendar activities
- Support in collecting and compiling all the HR documents such as leave requests, timesheets, ensuring they are filed both in hard and soft copy.
- Support the staff appraisal process during bi-annual review Management of Award and or disciplinary action to staff as per RIA HR Manual after approval of Director of Programme (DoP).
- Management/Follow up of staff leaves; provide necessary forms for staff, when needed.
- Follow up of RIA HR standards templates in line with RIA HR Manual/internal regulations
Recruitment – (20% of the time):
Support to the Recruitment process as needed:
- Prepare vacancy announcements for National staff recruitment in the area of intervention after the Recruitment Request Form must have been duly signed and approved by the DoP or designated.
- Ensure to collect all necessary documents of applicants as indicated in RIA HR Manual.
- Ensure to check successful candidate “Reference Check” prior to offering the position.
- Draft employment contract for staff and collect all information required for the contract. (ID card, passport, identification information, “recruitment package” etc.
- Ensure that recruitment analysis is prepared on time and shared with the respective interview panellist.
- Ensure that JDs are prepared by the line manager(s) prior to the release of the vacancy announcement.
- Ensure that relevant dept. or requester prior shortlisting will review all CVs.
- Prepare a comprehensive/clear shortlist for successful candidates to attend for Interview(s).
Filing – (10% of the time):
- Create Standard RIA Admin/HR filing system (include official correspondences, premises contracts, governmental tax follow up, recruitment process documents etc);
- Create a thorough personal folders system for national staff;
- Store the staff personal folders in a safe and secure cabinet with no access to unauthorized staff.
- Ensure that the personal folder database has been updated on regular basis;
Administration / Logistics: (40% of the time):
Admin duties – (25% of the time):
- Update the RIA Initiative’s Contact list for all staff on a monthly and ensure monthly dissemination of such to the DoP.
- Track RIA’s consumption of electricity, water, office consumables, data etc.
- Manage the Cleaners for all RIA Office Premises.
- Ensure adequate availability and timely replenishment of office cleaning supplies as identified by the cleaners.
- Support the management of RIA premises lease & ensure contracts are updated and renewed for each premise.
- Support the process for Registration as needed
- Ensure RIA office lease follow-up is in place.
Logistics – (15% of the time):
- Ensures that daily and weekly vehicle and stand-by generator inspections are performed and that regular servicing is carried out.
- Assist to coordinate and updating the daily movement board (Airport drop-offs/pick-ups and movement within/outside the town).
- Ensure that vehicles are checked daily and roadworthy, logbooks are maintained and update records of all vehicles.
- Use systems and processes to assure a smooth and timely flow of work.
- Facilitates the repair or recovery of vehicle and generator breakdowns when required, including repair/recovery outside of working hours; follows up on periodic services of the vehicles.
- Ensures that assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and ensures disposal of assets are carried out according to existing policies and specific donor rules.
- Perform other administrative job-related duties and functions for the office, as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to Project Manager.
- Position directly supervises; Cleaners and Security Guards.
- Indirect Reporting: Response Manager, Director of Programmes.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Project staff, Finance Unit.
- External: Donor staff, government ministry.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Business or Public Administration or related field.
- Professional Certification/Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in administration/human resources and in a similar position.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have good knowledge and application of Nigeria Labour Laws.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by the deadline.
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Willing to adhere to and implement the RIA’s core values.
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a good working knowledge of relevant Microsoft office tools such as Word, PowerPoint, excel.
- Must have good business communication skills.
- Candidate should be able to conduct Human Resources Analytics using available data.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Standards of Professional Conduct: The RIA Initiative and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the i-CHAIR values – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Compassion, Humanity Accountability, Impact, and Respect.
- In accordance with these values, the RIA Initiative operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Gender-equality, Whistle-blowing, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- RIA Initiative considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability