The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR / Admin Intern
Requisition ID: req28817
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Intern
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Overview / Summary
- The HR/Admin Intern reports to the Senior HR Officer in Maiduguri.
- She/he supports the Senior HR Officer in managing all aspects of day-to-day HR operations in Maiduguri Field Office, assisting specifically with timesheet management and a sound filing and tracking system to conform to IRC standard.
- The main objective of the position is to ensure that HR functions conform to international best practices and IRC Way.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Senior HR Officer Position directly supervises: None
- Indirect Reporting: Senior HR/Admin Officer Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- None Internal: Payroll Team
- Timesheet collation, checking and tracking
- Timesheet scanning and filing
- Filing of onboarding documents
- Filing of contracts
- Management of personnel files
- Filing of leave forms
- Checking of timesheets against leave forms
- B.Sc. / B.A Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and computer (Excel and spreadsheet) skills are required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required,
- English Fluency required; Hausa is an added value
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility in teamwork.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Use a computer to enter and retrieve data and information accurately and rapidly.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g., Nigerian labor law/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to IRC Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply