Niyya Food & Drinks Company Limited is a member of Niyya Farm Group involved in manufacturing fruit juices from natural raw fruits and production of different variants of Yoghurts/Dairy products located in Kaduna North West Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environmental Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintained the company HSE policies in all functions/processes in the Company
- Employees and contractors/suppliers in NFDCL HO and Factory understand and follow procedures/guidelines on HSE when carrying out their functions.
- Ensure Annual HSE internal Audit/Road map rating of the Factory is conducted and action plans generated.
- Good rating in Factory HSE Road Map
- Correct and ensure accurate records of licences, permits, measurements and reports for all equipment/processes are maintained.
- Ensure Company vehicles in the Company are operated/maintained as required by HSE policies.
- Minimised financial loss arising from HSE risks
- Supported communications strategy in Engineering/HSE
- Improved team work among Engineering Staff.
- Introduced initiatives to improve performance on HSE in the Company operations.
- Improved ways of managing EHS so as to minimise cost.
- Interpret pollution monitoring analysis results and effect action to improve where applicable.
- Ensure HSE trainings for staff and contractors are organised in line with company requirements.
- Make sure cost of HSE activities/projects is within approved budget limit.
- Carry out Fire Detection/Fighting equipment maintenance programmes for the benefit of Production continuity and Machine Optimisation.
- Carry out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
Knowledge / Skills & Experience
- OND / HND / B.Sc in Electrical / Mechanical or City & Guild or its equivalent
- Good knowledge of and understanding of safety, health and environment legislation, regulations and standards.
- 5 – 7 years in FMCG with relevant experience in Juice & Dairy processing industry
- A Proactive Team Player with a good communication & IT skill
- Good knowledge and understanding of environmental, health and safety legislation, regulations and standards is an added advantage.
- General knowledge of Engineering, Factory Operations and risk management in an industrial environment are an added advantage.
- For this role, the successful candidate must be quick to learn and be a team player, as he will be expected to participate and contribute to the overall success of the team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.)
Application Deadline 8th July, 2022.