Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment Manager (Cement Industry)
Job ID: IbesePlantHSE005
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Department: DCP – HSSE
- To support HSE Manager in all. Oversees the environmental performance, develops implement and monitors environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
- Liaise with external agencies regarding environmental compliance requirements.
- Initiate and oversee conduction of environmental monitoring programs.
- Assist Plant Team and contractors to maintain a high standard of environmental performance.
- Maintain accurate environmental records.
- Provide timely responses to the Plant’s on environmental issues associated with their operations.
- Prepare annual environmental monitoring and compliance reports for submission to Plant’s stakeholders.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Head, HSE.
- To provide training and guidance on environmental management focusing on performance outcomes with continuous improvement on key indicators.
- This must be in alignment and compliance with DIL Group HSSE Policies, standards, Guidance as well as promote and support compliance with industry requirements and the Regulatory Environment Standards.
- To facilitate the effective execution of Environmental Management System in the Plant
- Provide input into identification and mitigation of risk.
- Develop and deliver environmental information and training packages.
- Participate in Plant’s HSE meeting and deliver trainings as required.
- Participate in incident investigation and preparation of formal reports on findings including recommendations to Head HSE.
- Carrying out Environmental Tests and Measurements
- Carrying out Monthly Environmental Monitoring and reporting to the Plant Management and Regulators.
- Creates and delivers environmental training for the Plant Team.
- Environmental analysis on data collection and interpretation, using the information to create solutions to environmental problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Mechanical Engineering or MBBS.
- Post Graduate Degrees such as MBA is an advantage.
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment or equivalent or Membership of an internationally recognized environmental management professional body.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in practice of environmental management in manufacturing industry.
- Attending to details while maintaining a big picture
- Interpreting and applying strategies that are focused on positive results.
Skills and Competencies:
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Strategic decision making skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Budget development & implementation skill
- Mentoring/coaching skill
- Negotiation skill
- Non-discriminatory behavior
- Resilience and effectiveness
- Change management skill.
- Project management skill self awareness
- Team work
- Active Listening Professional integrity
- Influencing Others
- Presentation skill
- Project Management
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply