Adexen was mandated by a multinational organization to recruit an experienced individual to cover the entire African continent in the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Director – Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Seniority: Director
Job Category: HSE & Security
Employment Type: Full time
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the management of the HSSE policies, standards and programs across the Group, Subsidiaries and Projects in Africa.
- Scope: +10 African countries
- Responsible for overseeing the formulation, facilitation and implementation of strategies, policies and frameworks that ensures that the HSE department effectively supports the business and contributes to the realisation of overall corporate objectives and goals
- Responsible for leading the development, execution, monitoring and measurement of the Group strategic sustainability initiatives
- Promotes and oversees compliance programs on HSE issues which are relevant for Africa
- Manages extensive interface with executive management, site operations management, lenders and investors, consultants, and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the development of the Sustainability Report
- Develop and drive the execution of the African Group’s long-term Sustainability vision, mission and operating principles and HSSE strategic objectives and controls in line with the overall business objectives
- Foster a culture of Sustainability, including a strong Safety attitude, through regular intra-group communications and education
- Foster an atmosphere of openness and information sharing across the group with respect to HSSE matters
- Oversee initiatives in the areas of climate change, sustainable design of products and operations and supply chain
- Oversee the establishment of consistent, group-wide HSSE data management tracking systems and reporting framework and ensure appropriate internal controls, KPIs and measurement systems are in place to support Sustainability efforts
- Oversee the investigation of subsidiary HSSE incidents and accidents and ensure proper mitigation action plans are put in place.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Engineering or HSSE related discipline
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of HSSE regulations and compliance strategies
- Track record in influencing positive organizational change
- Management experience of a large multicultural team.
- Minimum of 10+ years as a HSE Director in a large multinational organization with different Business units (BUs) and operating large manufacturing plants in relevant industries (oil & gas / chemical / manufacturing / cement / FMCG)
- Multi-country responsabilities is a plus
- Operational experience in emerging countries, preferably in Africa
- Excellent technical knowledge of key HSSE issues, standards and practices across a spectrum including development projects and operations
- Demonstrated success in improving HSSE performance and establishing best practices across a large multinational organization
- Possess a sound understanding of HSSE policies and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, create value and drive continuous performance improvement
- Experienced in developing and implementing HSSE policies, plans and Integrated Management Systems according to IFC Performance Standards and ISO14001/ISO45001 international standards
- HSE auditing
- EHS / HSE
- Environmental Management
- HSE Management Systems.
- Occupational Health
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Team Management
- Industrial Hygiene
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants, however, only those selected will be contacted.