Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Information Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
- To be responsible for coordinating and delivering of the Telerivet Innovation (ready to use SMS communication platform) piloting component of the ANRiN project. He/she will lead the planning, implementation/roll out, monitoring and evaluation of the innovation piloting to evidence, if there are both efficiency and cost savings by using the technology for service delivery and systems strengthening.
- This role will also involve management of Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of GRM data including complaints received via calls, SMS and other medium, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings/reports.
- Responsible for working with programme staff, Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) and beneficiaries to develop/finalize structure and methods for managing the complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria, across Plan International and with implementing partners. The post holder with support from the ANRIN M&E Manager will ensure the collection of quality complain and feedback across the ANRiN project.
- The post holder will interface with and support programme team members, support programme coordination and policy engagement. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse, keep confidentiality and communicate complex GRM system.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the implementing project team, in all phases of the project cycle.
- Develop activity implementation plan with the project team.
- Lead in the training of volunteers on Telerivet system
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Working with M&E Manager, ensure adequate data capturing of project beneficiaries.
- Lead/organize regular monitoring visits and if required project action plans revisions and modifications.
- Lead on reviewing, formatting and language of SMS messages and surveys with PIN staff
Information and Coordination:
- Improve reliability of commodity stock data via standardized stock surveys for real-time reporting
- Develop customized and automated scheduled SMS’ sent to volunteers to support efficient beneficiary’s follow-up for continuity of care.
- Liaise and provide project updates and reports on a frequent basis and whenever required and agreed as per FAD to the line manager.
- Organize and attend regular meetings with donor and other key stakeholders.
- Represent Plan International Nigeria in coordination meetings (CPSS, GBVSS, etc.).
- Ensure appropriate PHSEA and safeguarding protocols are followed
- Share critical information and schedule reminders that will support the adherence to nutrition and MNCH schedules and relevant commodity usage
- Send standardized interactive surveys to volunteers for well-being check-ins and programme feedback.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Management, Social Research, Statistics, and Development Studies or a related field or comparable addition to experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and data management software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Building collaborative relationships with beneficiaries and the community.
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Nupe and Gbagi languages both spoken and written is desirable
- Understanding of monitoring processes, learning, adaptation and evaluation
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with Niger State terrain an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in information management and/or monitoring and evaluation
- Previous experience of working with NGOs is desirable.
- Experience in research, data analysis and reporting
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in Health Management Information System is desirable
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th April, 2022.