Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
In response to our organizational growth, we seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant position below:
Job Title: Health Communication Coordinator
Reference ID: sfh-06415
Locations: Edo and Nasarawa
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- This position will be responsible for the coordination and management of the Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) project activities at the state level.
- The successful candidate will be SFH representative to the state-level stakeholders, partner Civil Society Organisations and government organisations.
- He/She will directly supervise community health workers who will responsible for the community advocacy and sensitization on water and hygiene practices among residents in the implementing communities of the project.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities at the state level.
- Lead/Manage external communications between the project and state stakeholders.
- Ensure routine supportive supervision of project staff and stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities for capacity building.
- Represent SFH at WASH meetings, Technical working groups and provide timely reports on all meetings.
- Efficiently manage the routine data collection and data management for the project in the assigned location.
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to all participating WASH centres in project locations.
- Establish close collaboration and working arrangements with State and Community level stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly project reports.
- Coordinate all communication, community mobilisation, and demand creation.
- Ensure targets are met within the stipulated timeframe while ensuring standards are not comprised.
- Carry out any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Environmental Health or Health Systems Administration.
- A Master’s degree in a related field of study will be an added advantage.
- Must possess at least five (5) years post-NYSC working experience in NGO Sector and at least two (2) years in WASH programming.
- Good communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of interacting with other projects, Federal & State governments.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), presentation skills.
- Knowledge of WASH subjects & Governance structure
- Community Mobilisation
- Attention to details
- Strategic Planning
- Mentorship abilities
- Advocacy skills
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and databases
- Multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Team management capabilities
- Effective personnel management and coordination skills
- Interpersonal communication
- Must have a continuous drive for learning and knowledge sharing
- Excellent report writing skills
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 28th July, 2021.