The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a not-for profit organization founded with the mission of improving the living conditions of Africans by implementing projects contributing to the reduction of poverty, empowerment of women, elimination of conflict, development of rural-communities, and promotion of self-reliance and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Resource Mobilization
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head, Resource Mobilization Officer will oversee the overall activities related to the management of programs, processes and people; mobilization of resources, grant seeking and management, funding needs and gaps, fundraising strategies and the awards process as well as the development of revenue-generating programs that may serve as a model for self-sustaining enterprises with a social development impact.
Responsibilities and Functions
Program Planning, Implementation and Management:
- Responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and develop initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Develop and approve budgets and operations
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of the MMF strategic plan and align with donor priorities.
Resource Generation, Processes and Awards:
- Develop fund generation and resource mobilization work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan,
- Establish guidelines and procedures for proposal development and monitoring that ensure effective coordination for resource mobilization, the approval of grant agreements, projecting and addressing financing gaps.
- In collaboration with MMF leadership, map resource needs and develop resource mobilization strategies
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people by managing the operations of the Foundation
- Identify funding opportunities, coordinate and actively participate in the preparation, writing and submissions of grant/funds proposals
- Develop funding mapping tool to track and engage prospective strategic partners
- Keep up to date with the donor landscape, priorities and trends and work to identify new donors (including governments, foundations, individuals and industry)
- Ensure project/department milestones/ goals are met and adhering to the approved budget.
- Manage the resource mobilization plan, lead grants making efforts and set funding goals for Murtala Muhammed Foundation
- Represent The organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to USG funding streams.
- Seek funds and grants for the Foundation’s programs activities and operations
Organizational Management and Structuring:
- Position the MMF Brand Africa’s No1 Social Solutions provider in the NGO industry.
- Seek for relevant partnership in other to position the Foundation on a global level
- Work with relevant teams to ensure the organization is structured to allow for the proper and efficient flow of work
- Provide strong day-to-day leadership presence in the organization
- Manage governance by ensuring that Murtala Muhammed Foundation fosters and maintain a strong relationship while maximizing the opportunities the board of director, advisory board bring on board.
- Lead the general performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against the goals for the organization
- Any other assigned task.
Key Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree from a recognized university in Social Sciences, development studies and Marketing or any other relevant field.
- MBA is required
- High-level experience of at least 6 years as a senior manager in a corporate Organization or in an NGO in a senior program funding position, proposal development, donor liaison and account management. Substantial relevant experience in pre-solicitation preparation.
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to lead team, manage people as well as processes
- Good Operational skills required
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential, with experience in proposal development
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders, from industry, civil society, governments and international organizations.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Financial management, public-private partnership framework,
- International business strategy and economics
- Demonstrable success in resource mobilization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If you do not hear back from us in 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Wishing you the best
Application Deadline 3rd September, 2021.