Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Reference No.: AT-265604
- We are currently looking to hire a seasoned HR professional to join our team as Head of Human Resources in Nigeria.
- The Head of Human Resources is the architect of organizational capability and focused on ensuring the values, culture and business-operating practices are aligned with people practices and continuously improved upon.
- Responsible for setting and delivering HR objectives which are aligned to the Terminal, Regional and Global objectives.
- Maintain and enhance existing people management practices and policies within the Terminal and within the framework of local labour law and global APMT policies.
- The position requires astute decision making in areas of uncertainty and thus exercise of sound judgment in taking such decisions is required.
- Lead, manage and own all HR activities for the Terminal and align HR strategy to the overall APMT business strategy.
- Provide HR expertise and support to Terminal in attracting, coaching, developing, retaining and engaging staff.
Define and Drive People Strategy:
- Plan the strategic direction of the department, aligning it with the overall business plan and strategy of the company.
- Determine and validate HR focus areas within the Terminal and implement accordingly.
- Serve as a key advisor to the senior leadership team by building a trusting relationship, and partnering with the leadership team to contribute to developing the right structures, processes and talent to deliver high performance and growth.
- Ensure optimum performance of the Human Resources function.
- Coaches and facilitates the business and its employees through effective change management practices to ensure broad-based organizational change initiatives are successfully adopted and executed.
Manage Resourcing Process:
- Direct processes of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting within the Terminal.
- Provides direction and support on a multitude of talent acquisition activities such as recruiting, interviewing, on-boarding etc. to ensure the business is hiring top talent in alignment with strategic business goals and objectives.
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment practices and processes necessary to attract and recruit top talent, while ensuring an ongoing pipeline of highly qualified talent for key positions.
Facilitate People Development & Performance:
- Lead processes of organizational development that primarily address succession planning throughout the Terminal.
- Ensures that management training and development needs are identified, and programs initiated.
- Partners with business to sustain and increase employee and team performance levels through timely execution of performance coaching, corrective action and quality completion of the performance management process.
Manage Compensation and Benefits:
- Directs the compensation process and methodology, ensuring consistent practices are applied.
- Ensure alignment with compensation philosophy and business objectives.
Enable and strengthen Employee Climate:
- Ensure that effective communications are maintained within areas of responsibility.
- Develop and foster strong links and communication channels with other departments to achieve the strategic operational and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that all employees are provided equal opportunity, fair and consistent application of policy, regardless of nationality or citizenship.
- Responsible for management of all worker groups including unions, worker representatives & collective bargaining bodies.
- Responsible to maintain key contacts with employer associations & labour ministry officials where applicable.
- Recommends solutions and advises management on significant employee relations matters.
- Keeps fully informed of changes in labour or employment law matters.
- Act as a coach and assist managers and team members through difficult conversations and situations.
- Champion culture initiatives for a diverse and remote workforce.
- Implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state of the art practices.
Delivers Employee Services:
- Approves general administrative documents, including employment contracts, status changes (job title, salary grade, pay), separations from employment, and other related matters.
- Define and track HR measures of success and manage annual HR calendar.
- Ensures that the necessary coordination within areas of responsibility is taking place. Analyzes and resolves work problems and remains available for consultation on matters relating to work being performed.
- Lead a team of HR personnel and collaborate closely with the Centre’s of Excellence, leveraging on their expertise in responding to business needs.
- Ensure high engagement levels & partner with business leadership to implement HR strategy.
- Researches human resources issues, seeks out comparative data, utilizing survey instruments or other applicable vehicles for such research and analysis.
- As a member of the senior management team participate, give input and be actively involved in all senior management meetings and decisions.
We Are looking for
The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the HR and associated functions:
- Minimum tertiary education in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Behavioural Science, or Project Management.
- Substantial experience in general human resources management or related work, with an emphasis on organizational design and planning, employment, labour law, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Able to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data.
- Targeted, energetic and able to motivate other people.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across a matrix organization.
- Trustworthy, ambitious and able to work highly independently and in teams.
- Proven managerial experience, preferably in the private sector.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with local labour and employment law and practices.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management.
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to achieve results.
- In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and
- knowledge in the following areas:
- General exposure to terminal management
- Leadership skills
- Relevant next career steps might be:
- Head of HR in a larger terminal
- Global or Regional HR position (General or COE)
- Corporate decision making
- Experience in strategy implementation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th May, 2021.