Mono helps businesses in Africa access financial accounts for financial data and payments. Businesses of all sizes in Africa use our platform to retrieve account details, transactions and move money, reliably and securely, including Carbon, Renmoney, Inflow Finance, Tangerine Insurance, and many others.
In almost a year, we’ve introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as statement pages, a no-code tool to retrieve bank statements, and much more. We’ve connected to 10% of all active bank accounts in Nigeria, and our investors include YCombinator, Entree Capital, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Job Type: Full time
- As the head of engineering, you will lead our engineering department and help us build great products. You’ll also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively. To be successful in this role, you should be confident managing your teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets, and timelines for various projects.
- We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution. Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
- You will work together with the reverse engineering team, which is a specialized team developing and maintaining our financial ecosystem integrations, front-end engineers, and backend engineers.
- We don’t establish a fixed hands-on/off split, but we encourage you to keep coding to keep your technical acumen sharp and to have a solid understanding of the technical challenges that your team faces.
- Establish processes and address growing pains during high-growth phases.
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Set objectives, follow performance, and provide feedback.
- Team happiness, wellbeing, and productivity.
- Partner with Product Managers on objectives, priorities, trade-offs, and risk.
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning.
- Ability to act as Tech Lead and being more hands-on when required.
- Maintain and foster our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Setting up KPIs and managing appraisals
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Coach first, player second. You are a force multiplier for your team and have a passion for the team and team members’ success.
- Work experience as an engineering manager or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- Private Health Insurance
- MacBook pro
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Pension Plan (If you’re based in Nigeria)
- Free Launch (If you’re based in Nigeria)
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
- Once you’re done applying, please complete this assessment test. Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it’s a little challenging and fast-paced.