Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Compliance and Risk
About the Role
- As Head of Compliance & Risk, you will develop a comprehensive regulatory compliance framework and be responsible for implementing and maintaining processes, systems and controls to ensure Paystack’s compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
- You also develop and manage an enterprise risk framework that will provide insights into our risks.
- We’re looking for a leader who will lead the buildout and scaling of our compliance program, serve as a key member of the Paystack leadership team and partner to the business, and who will elevate the ambitions of Paystack.
- The ideal candidate will come from “start-up” like environments, be mission-driven, a clear communicator with a solid background in the payments space. The role is remote-friendly with frequent travel to Nigeria, and expansion markets required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, implement and maintain a global framework of policies and procedures for managing and mitigating operational and compliance risks, in line with laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Develop, implement and maintain an enterprise risk framework.
- Design and implement relevant compliance processes including know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and combatting the financing of terrorism (CFT)
- Perform risk assessments to understand enterprise risks
- Master a deep understanding of the rules and regulations governing each market in which we operate, including monitoring any changes and developments
- Support our product and market expansion initiatives by overseeing efforts to apply for new licenses where needed
- Ensure regular information dissemination and coordinate training across the company on compliance issues
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversee any internal and external audits or regulatory examinations
- Manage third party vendor risk reviews and vendor due diligence
- Oversee the gathering of internal information to meet external regulatory reporting obligations
- Supervise the fulfilment of all record-keeping requirements
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Act as a point-of-contact for all employees on issues relating to money laundering, terrorist financing and receive reports on non-compliance with laws or company policies
- Compile regular reports on risk and compliance performance that can be shared with management or the board of directors so that issues can be rectified
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance across the company
What it takes to succeed at this role:
- 8+ years in a senior regulatory and compliance role
- Experience in payments/financial services
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive, adapt and embrace change in rapidly-changing regulatory environments
- Deep knowledge of global payments compliance regulation – PCI DSS, PSD2, GDPR, card scheme rules etc.
- Ability to develop deep relationships with regulators (Central Banks or other regulatory bodies) across multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent sense of judgment – able to help steer the company to balance innovation and growth with regulatory compliance
Skills / Education:
- Master’s Degree in either Economics / Business / Law (preferred)
- Relevant course, done through ICA (International Compliance Association)
- Experience in Nigeria (or Africa)
- ACAMS certification.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Full medical coverage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply