Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources Business Partnering
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- To provide HR professional and strategic consultative services as well as define and monitor HR performance metrics and employee information reporting to aid management decision making in order to deliver on business objectives.
Management & Coordination of HR agenda amongst Groups:
- Provide advice on all aspects of the employment of staff within the organization in order to enhance staff performance.
- Provide guidance to line managers on HR operational issues in line with policy/labor laws.
- Advise line managers on employee incentive schemes and remuneration/benefit packages.
- Ensure that personal development plans are done and submitted to HR as at when due.
- Ensure that all administrative duties in respect of employee are carried out accurately and timely.
- Assist line managers in the recruitment and selection process.
Continuously improved employee engagement:
- Develop and implement in conjunction with HR Director and functional heads tactical plans targeted at improving employee performance and engagement.
- Implement Culture Change processes
- Monitor the performance management process within the respective groups.
- Ensure compliance with Airtel policies and procedures in functional area/region
- Facilitate and guide various stakeholders on corrective actions, grievances, conflicts and disciplinary procedures.
- Facilitate Employee Relations in the assigned functional area/region
- Assist in the implementation of disciplinary processes within the various groups of the organization.
Effective Headcount management and competency optimization:
- Design of assigned Group’s structure in Line with Headcount Management and Organizational Structure policy.
- Facilitate appointee settling formalities in functional area/region
- Advise the Line in building people capacity and performance
- HR metrics measurement, monitoring and tracking
- Ensure that organograms are approved and updated as required.
HR Information Management and Reporting for management decision:
- Ensure accuracy and regular updates on employee information
- Provide employee information as required by HR support functions, internal and external audit.
- Conduct trends and report analysis on various HR indices.
- Provide flash and forecast reporting for management.
Qualification, Skills & Knowledge
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required
- Master’s in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred would be desirable
- A professional qualification of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM
- Must demonstrate interpersonal savvy with the ability to maneuver through complex situations effectively while building constructive relationships
- Ability to build partnerships in a matrix organizational environment along with providing coaching/counselling to all levels within the organization
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills
- Proven organizational development, performance management and employee relations skills
- At least 15 years related HR experience with demonstrated progression in supporting increasingly complex client groups and business lines
- 5 years management experience with proven leadership skills in multinational corporate environment or in an HR consulting environment
- Experience working with organizational leaders to define and execute HR strategies linked to organizational goals
- Must be able to manage, coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs