Transkredit is a CBN authorized, licensed, and regulated financial services provider with core competencies in Credit Processing, Fund Management, and Payment Systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Compliance and Control
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Compliance and Control Manager will be responsible for end-to-end compliance functions for the business, regulatory reporting while also making recommendations to the business regarding interpretation and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes to address live and/or potential regulatory compliance issues.
- In addition, the Compliance and Control Manager will also aim to support and facilitate the company’s business to be conducted and supervised in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and firm policies, as well as evaluate and ensure effectiveness of the organization’s internal control systems.
- Establish operating framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of Compliance risks and issues to the Board and Executive Management.
- Responsible for the development, review and implementation of Compliance Policies and standards and ensuring consistent application across the company
- Develop, implement, and maintain the company’s Anti Money Laundering and Compliance Programs
- Provide advice/guidance to business units, management, and the Board on all compliance issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company’s operating framework meets internal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement an annual effective compliance and Money Laundering training programs program (AML/CFT)
- Promote a compliance culture throughout companyby training staff and management officer on compliance related issues
- Providing opinion prior to entering in new markets, introducing new products and services
- Identify, review and evaluate new laws and regulations and keep abreast of all legislative and regulatory developments both locally and globally that might have impact on the company.
- Monitor cases of non-compliance, escalate any issues where non-compliance is not addressed and partner with the responsible unit to ensure timely and conclusive remediation
- Liaise with Risk Management and Legal Units on risk related issues, non-compliance with internal policies, legislation, rules, and regulations, participate in the development of corrective action plans and track it to closure.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies on behalf of the group on Compliance related issues
- Ensure Zero compliance breach and fines for the company
- Develop and implement compliance communication strategy.
- Participate in industry bodies to ensure alignment of Compliance methodology and influence national trends in Compliance Risk Management.
- Examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s internal control systems.
- Review of the management and financial information systems and the electronic information system.
- Liaise with Risk Management, Audit and FINCON to review the accuracy and reliability of the accounting records and financial reports
- Review of the systems established to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, codes of conduct and the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Providing of independent assurance and performing consulting assessments on the adequacy and effectiveness of Management, control frameworks and governance processes of all units within the company, aiming at adding value and assisting the companyin achieving its strategic objectives.
- Review of the means of safeguarding assets.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- At least 3 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application / CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022.