Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Guest Service Representative
Job Number: 21027264
Location: Lagos Marriott Hotel Ikeja
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- This role requires compliance with quality assurance expectations and standards. You may be required to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The Impact You’ll Make
- No matter whether a guest arrives weary from their travels or excited for a vacation, you know what to do to make them feel at home.
- They will appreciate the pristine lobby, your warm welcome, and your efficiency in getting them checked in and pointed in the right direction.
- When they know you genuinely care about the quality of their stay, you are operating at a level of excellence.
What You’ll Do
- Organize, confirm and process guest check-ins / check-outs and adapt for any changes.
- Secure payment, verifying and adjusting billing as needed.
- Accept and record wake-up calls, delivering to the right department.
- Communicate any emergency, lost item or theft to proper security staff and / or authorities.
- Keep contingency lists in case of emergency and communicate any necessary messages.
- Provide guests with room and hotel information, directions, amenities and local interests.
- Run daily reports, reviewing to see what needs to be communicated to the next shift’s staff.
- Complete cashier and closing reports, counting the bank at the end of each shift securely.
Perks You Deserve
We’ll support you in and out of the workplace by offering:
- Team-spirited coworkers.
- Opportunities to serve and give back to the community.
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage.
- Recognition programs.
- Encouraging leadership.
- Support to live a life of wellbeing and happiness.
What We’re Looking For
- A warm, people-oriented demeanor.
- A team-first attitude.
- A gift for paying attention to the smallest details.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply