ImaliPay is building the financial services infrastructure for Africa’s gig economy workers. We are passionate about building solutions that financially empower the lives of Africa’s 15 million gig workers. Currently based out of Lagos, Nairobi and Johannesburg, we are a mission-driven team with teammates from a diverse set of backgrounds and countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Growth Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
About the Role
- ImaliPay is looking for a Growth Manager based in Ibadan, Nigeria who will help develop and execute the plans that will help the company acquire and retain customers, as well as upsell its products or services.
- This involves gathering input from customers and various internal departments and using this information to establish growth targets and choosing key performance indicators.
- This will in turn support in building custom solutions to provide financial services to Gig Workers in Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as the intersection between marketing and product development and focus on customer and user acquisition, activation, retention and upselling.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, analytics, product management, operations, and marketing to design and execute growth initiatives.
- Provide customer insight, by blending data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through targeted interviews, usability studies, and customer feedback.
- Responsible for prioritizing growth initiatives and product changes.
- Master statistical reasoning, understand how to design effective experiments, and develop a quantitative intuition for interpreting user experience data.
- Build an efficient growth team whose culture is suited to the challenging and experimental nature of the work.
- Coach and mentor staff in the growth team.
- Identify company’s growth opportunities and manage the growth team’s effort to maximize the opportunities.
- Define the company’s growth plan, coordinate and execute growth programs, and optimize revenue funnels.
- Study, analyze and report on trends, opportunities for expansion and projection of future company growth.
- Take ownership of multiple marketing channels (online and offline), being responsible to scale those channels efficiently across multiple markets (NG, KE, SA) with a test and learn approach.
- Use organic growth strategies such as referrals, SEO, content marketing, digital marketing.
- Perform other responsibilities as required by the Line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc) in Marketing, Business Administration or a relevant field (MBA preferred)
- 4 – 5 years of experience as a Growth Manager, Marketing Executive, Research Analyst or in a similar position
- Experience in startups or start-up development activities is a plus.
- Experience in Fintech is an advantage.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well-thought-out decisions.
- Have the ability to understand external and internal trends & changes and advise on appropriate strategic and operational responses.
- Result oriented, strategic thinker with a futuristic experimental mindset
- Strong leadership skills and operationally oriented
- Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical
- Start-up compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity and dependability.
- Experienced in using database management systems and data visualization software, like MySQL, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of growth strategies such as content marketing, digital marketing, referrals, SEO, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to stakeholders
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- ImaliPay is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
- All qualified persons are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 12th April, 2022.