ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world.
ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below within the organisation:
Job Title: Programme Intern, Governance
Reporting To: Project Coordinator(We-YOU Pro)
- The Programme Interns’ position is an opportunity offered by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) for young graduates to earn a post NYSC experience. It is therefore both a learning and value-adding relationship between interns and AAN.
- The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering, self-development, while providing quality service to ActionAid Nigeria.
- The Programme Intern will be responsible for supporting the effective programme implementation of the Campaign for inclusion of women and young people in political and governance processes (We-YOU Pro) in the Governance Unit.
- Support implementation of project activities
- Provide administrative support during project workshops, seminars and meetings
- Support with proper documentation of consultancy agreements and other relevant documents for implementation of projects
- Participate in any programme, procedure or strategy to enhance the goal and objectives of the unit’s projects
- Ensure judicious use of resources for activities and that expenditures are within agreed plans and in accordance with AAN financial policies or project framework
- Support the unit to develop systems and manage the process of timely programme and other reporting, including following up on internal and external reports and ensuring compliance with Terms of Reference and consultancies.
- Take notes and provide reports at the Project’s internal meetings and at other meetings when required
- Support the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and annual budgets in accordance with ongoing activities and plans for the year.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of reports for the projects in the unit
- Liaise with selected service providers to ensure timely delivery of services during workshops, conferences, seminars and meetings
- Support in processing payment vouchers for disbursement of funds for project activities
- Support advance and retirement processes; and obtaining of requisitions from the Administrative Unit
- Liaise with logistics department for all logistical support for team members
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the Project Coordinator and Manager, Governance.
Key Working Relationships
- Service Providers, Consultants and relevant Government Agencies.
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities.
- Relevant NYSC experience in the related fields
- Experience in Programmes and administration.
Skills / Abilities:
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in support.ing training/meetings.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Team player
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to relate with AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Click here for the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns
Application Deadline 8th September, 2021.