International Energy Services Limited (IESL) was established in 1990 and is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Liaison & Public Relations Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Supervises: Nil
- The Government Liaison and Public Relations Officer will be responsible for interfacing with Regulatory agencies in the industry not limited to NipeX, NAPIMS, DPR, NCDMB, and other stakeholders in the Sector.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Public Relations professional with excellent relationship management skills required to promote the company’s brand in the industry and in the corporate world.
- Manage, supervise, perform and coordinate all functions relating to liaison, government relations, client relations and Nigerian content.
- Manage and supervise Nigerian Content Development activities of the company.
- Liaise with and continually manage the company’s relations with the regulatory agencies including Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), NIPEX, NAPIMS, DPR, NNPC etc.
- Ensure the company is up to date and in line with all the laws, rules and regulations in the industry.
- Support both the Business Development and the Project Management teams in meeting necessary Regulatory Permits.
- Contribute to technical and commercial documents and forms for bids and on-going projects.
- Contribute to Nigerian content and liaison related material for bids and on-going projects.
- Contribute to vendor management and supply chain management.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with host community leaders and ensure peaceful relations
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Preparation of weekly Nigerian content reports for on-going projects.
- Develop a corporate communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Participate in coordinating all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and news media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good University Degree or its equivalent qualifications in Mass Communication, Business related disciplines or Engineering. Possession of master’s degree and/or relevant Professional Certificate will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years oil and gas sector experience preferably in roles within Liaison, Corporate Services, Government Relations, Client Relations, etc.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Event planning experience.
- Good general knowledge of Oil and Gas industry and operations.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the workings of the oil & gas sector, government & Civil Society
- Good planning and organizational skills, can work independently with minimal supervision
- People skills, demonstrate ability to work with diverse workforce effectively and coach and mentor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 14th July, 2022.