PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GL & Financial Reporting Accountant
Job Requisition ID: JR000362
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
- Why does the job exist?
- Proper maintenance of monthly actual financial report to enable an objective comparison with company’s forecast and budgets
- To ensure that the accounts of the company are complete, accurate and valid at all times,
- complying with all applicable internal and external accounting standards/ regulatory requirement and properly reconciled
- To serve as a control to all financial entries going into the system from all other departments, factories, or depots.
- To take ownership of all the balances and accounts in the Operating statement and Balance sheet.
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to Finance Controller
- Peers are Financial Analyst and other financial reporting accountant.
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Trend Analysis of Profit and Loss accounts and Balance Sheet Prompt completion and circulation of monthly management accounts. Preparation of the Management Information Report in line with local and international standards (IFRS).
- Working closely with Analysts and Factory Accountants in reviewing the accounts to clarify issues and take appropriate steps.
- Review and preparation of Nig Operating Statement & Balance Sheet( SAP & Exec pack) Review & reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts Liaise with other department; Account payable, cash office, Treasury, Tax, Wages, credit control, inventory, procurement during investigations for documents used in posting transactions to Ledger.
- Review asset/liability accounts to ascertain their completeness, accuracy, valuation and existence
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- Updating of Group reporting pack on Oracle Smart View/FCCS relating to month End Cash voucher/IOU verification Working with external/Internal auditors for smooth running of statutory audit exercise.
- Monthly Standard provision – Preparation of journal and posting of same on SAP Accurate monthly accruals/provision.
- Reclassification, adjustments & correction consequent upon review of account.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- HND, B.Sc. Accountancy
- A professional accounting qualification such as ACA(ICAN), ACCA, CPA, ICAEW, etc
- Computer expertise especially in MS Word, MS Excel
- 3 years minimum work experience
- Good knowledge of International Accounting Standard
- Very good knowledge of basic principles of accounting
- Experience in working with company’s enterprise Financial system – SAP
- Good Knowledge of Group Accounting policies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply