Cuso International is a not-for-profit development organization that works to eradicate poverty and inequality. Each year, we mobilize hundreds of volunteer professionals to work alongside local partners to maximize their impact through capacity building. We work in partnership with governments, civil society organizations, multilateral agencies and the private sector to develop and deliver programs aimed at advancing gender equality, promoting the empowerment of women and girls, and improving access to and quality of economic opportunities for young people.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Gender Advisor (Volunteer)
Ref No: NG1221-64994
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Start Date: June 2022
Placement Length: 6 Months with the possibility of extension
The Volunteer’s Role
- Are you passionate about gender equality and reducing discrimination against women? if so, this might be the role for you!
- As the Gender Advisor, you will work closely with the project team to develop the capacity of local partners to support and strengthen women’s organizations and movements that advance women’s rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Apply to this position and help women to find a safe place and help empower them to overcome past experiences.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Provide technical support for the development of advocacy strategies for target beneficiaries and partners in relation to the SHARE project.
- Assess and map gaps in existing knowledge management and learning structures in the organization in line with FIAP-SHARE Action Area 1.
- Support the CPO and partner organization in Gender related program development and fundraising strategies.
- Coach and mentor relevant staff of partner organizations on the implementation and delivery of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion initiatives.
- Work with CPO staff and partners to develop comprehensive processes and systems to create, acquire, capture, share and use knowledge to enable learning in line with the partnership objectives.
- University Degree in relevant area (Social Sciences, Gender Studies)
- Experience in the development of operational plans and strategies.
- English Level 5-Fluent Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This application is Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only