The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
On this regard, CHAD Int’l therefore seeks a competent person to fill below position:
Job Title: GBV Focal Person
Project type: Contract
Duration: 12 months with possible extention
- GBV Focal Person ensures that comprehensive approach is given to GBV survivors including both clinical management and psychosocial support.
- She is to network with community representative, protection case workers, and Child Protection Committee (CPC) members, other humanitarian actors and community health workers to ensure that enough info is obtained from community with regards to GBV issues, so that helps can be offered on time.
General Knowledge of CHAD INT’L and Safety at work:
- Co-operation with the colleagues of own and other departments.
- Is aware of activities of other departments and respect specific rules and procedures.
- Comply with the health and safety rules / instructions of the supervisor for wearing protective gears (if/when applicable) related to the job for the sites.
- Ensure all staff supervised by her complies with the health and safety rules / instructions of the supervisor for wearing protective gears (if/where) related to the job for the sites.
- Respect child safeguarding and humanitarian ethics at all times.
Sexual Gender Based Violence (GBV):
- Represent CHAD INT’L at GBV Inter Agency Working group workshop/meetings.
- Carry out networking with other actors providing GBV care in Borno state, this includes at general meeting and at actor’s offices when needed in collaboration.
- Organize regular meeting and focus group discussions on GBV issues with community key stakeholders, CPC members, GBV case workers and other humanitarian GBV actors and follow up on actionable points and way forwards.
- Have close working relation with Community liaison officer, government ministries and community health workers.
- Interview in non-judgmental way to hear and clarify story.
- Advising on possible other routes of action to strengthen GBV activities in Northeast Nigeria.
- Follow up cases and conduct referral on where necessary.
- Provide support & care to non-rape GBV cases in line with available help and refer where necessary.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within CHAD International and amongst beneficiaries served by CHAD Int’l
- Carry out training on GBV mainly for GBV case workers and other CHAD Int’l staff.
- Taking care of all GBV related documents in secure and confidential place.
- Work closely with the M&E officer to ensure that all the GVB cases are entered in GBV-CPIMS+
- Link with Community Health Supervisor to ensure GBV related messaging is done well and reported accordingly.
- Supervise and give necessary support to the activities of GBV case workers in the project field.
- Provide case management of GBV survivors appropriately and accordingly.
- Create a private and confidential place for interviewing GBV survivors.
- Actively report on GBV issues including cases that received help from CHAD Int’l in collaboration with M&E colleagues.
- Actively report to the programme coordinator.
- In collaboration with her supervisor ensures that reporting and data gathering tools are available at the project unit.
- Be flexible and be able to give assistance with different activities not included in this primary job description.
- CHAD Int’l is a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs. All CHAD staff are to be flexible and willing to assist in CHAD’s operations as and when required.
N.B: This job description is subject to amendment depending upon the ongoing requirements of the project.
Education and Experience
- Recognized Diploma / Degree in Social Science, Midwifery or Nursing or any relevant person with midwifery skills.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in similar position with National or International NGO or other recognized Medical institution.
- Languages: Written and spoken English is compulsory while Hausa and other local language (kanuri/Shuwa) will be an added advantage.
- Diplomacy and confidentiality
- Respect for child safeguarding and GBV ethics
- Ability to listen
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work on conflict tone environment.
- Communication and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 3-page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to “Human Resource Officer” and submit to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
- CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
- All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Application Deadline 19th July, 2021.