Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development and conflict mitigation. With the insurgency spilling over from the Northeast of Nigeria and causing displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs. With funding from institutional donors, foundations and private corporations, Mercy Corps continues to provide assistance to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the areas of food security, shelter, water and sanitation, protection, and livelihoods.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gardener
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The purpose of Gardening services is that the Guest House / Office premise must look Clean, Hygienic, rich with lush green lawns, gardens and beautiful flowers so as to provide an excellent ambience of work-environment and at the same time makes the Guest House premises environmental friendly and to make a good impression on the visitors and public who visit here for various purposes.
- The contractor has to undertake all such jobs/activities required to maintain the Guest House premises in a presentable condition at all the times.
- Watering of flowers and plants
- Weeding and tiling of flowers and plants on continuous basis to prevent the growth of weeds into lawn
- Manuring the plants and flowers
- Trimming flowers and plants
- Cleaning, clearing and sweeping rubbish/refuse within the compound
- With other assigned jobs as the need arise.
- Candidates should possess a First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) with at least 1 year work experience.
- All work shall be performed during weekdays, Five times a week from 7am to 5pm except for the holidays.
- The Contractor must provide at least 24-hour advance notice to the supervisor who will consider any deviation from the hours identified above.
- The Contractor shall maintain discipline at the Guest House and shall take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unlawful, riotous or disorderly conduct by Contractor employees at the site.
- The Contractor shall preserve peace and protect persons and property on site.
Standard of Conduct
- Neglect of duties shall not be condoned.
- The Contractor shall enforce no sleeping while on duty, unreasonable delays or failures to carry out assigned tasks, conducting personal affairs during duty hours and refusing to render assistance or cooperate in upholding the integrity of the worksite security.
- Disorderly conduct, use of abusive or offensive language, quarreling, intimidation by words, actions, or fighting shall not be condoned.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2021.