Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fraud and Remedial Officer
Department: Risk Management Group
- Responsible for executing remedial and fraud services strategy, with reference to enterprise risk strategies operations, objectives and policies.
- Monitor suspected fraud trends and parameters and suggest remedial services for potential fraud intents.
- Build and maintain good relationships with relevant stakeholders in fraud risk ecosystem.
Remedial and Fraud Services Execution:
- Support the rollout of Remedial and Fraud Services strategy, in line with risk regulations and controls requirements
- Participate in identifying and minimising financial impact of operational incidents through business impact analyses
- Review implemented controls and feedbacks provided by Fraud Service Operations Representatives during monitoring, support the definition and implementation of fraud configurations, review feedback provided and analyse current fraud trends and provide input into rules and parameters
- Monitor transaction anomalies and suspicious transactions
- Suggest and monitor the implementation of pro-active fraud prevention activities.
- Analyse and track suspected fraud trends and parameters and report any security threats or suspicious activity to the Team Lead, Remedial Services and Fraud Support
- Analyse the root causes of fraud risks and suggest mitigation measures to be implemented
Data Collection, Analysis, Research, Investigate, Insights and Reporting:
- Review prescriptive and predictive analytics to better understand the fraud landscape and how it relates to the Interswitch systems and processes
- Investigate fraud claims involving ACH, pre-authorised drafts, altered check, forged endorsements, unauthorised third-party transfers, elder fraud, identity theft or other operational fraud issues
- Develop weekly progress reports which include activities progress against set timelines, key risk and control indicators, and overall improvements on current processes and procedures that minimise relevant risks and submit reports to the Team Lead, Remedial Services and Fraud Support.
- Research discrepancies, accumulate all necessary information, take appropriate action to stop and where possible prevent fraud and identity theft losses
- Conduct research in support of planned fraud advisory
Business Advice, High-Quality Customer Service and Stakeholder Management:
- Attend meetings led by the Team Lead, Remedial Services and Fraud Support, along with relevant stakeholders and acquire client needs and fraud risk processes
- Execute risk and mitigation activities in line with communicated requirements
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors in operational risk ecosystem
- Deliver stakeholder engagement activities to support development of effective project working relationships and to identify and respond to stakeholder needs and concerns.
- University First Degree in Risk Management, Law, Accounting, Statistics, Finance, or other related fields
- Integrated Risk Management (IRM) or International Compliance Association (ICA) or equivalent Compliance / Risk / Audit qualification preferred
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Information Management and Data Control
- Presentation Skills
- Business Insights and Financial Acumen.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in Fraud Assessment and Remedial Services, within a FinTech or Financial Institution company
- Data Collection, Analysis, Review and Reporting
- Planning and Organising
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.