International Energy Services Limited (IESL) is one of the top oil and gas servicing companies in Nigeria. The company’s key strength is its people. We are a determined team with backgrounds covering a range of disciplines and expertise. Our professionalism and passion for engineering have enabled IESL to become a leader in our field, and each of us takes pride in the part we play in the company’s success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Francophone Senior Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Upstream Oil & Gas Operations:
- Drafting, vetting and confirmation of all contracts and all legal matters on behalf of the company
- Drafting / preparation and reviewing of various types of agreement such as drilling rigs agreement, and various specialized services for exploration and production activities, bank credit facility agreement, etc
- Representation and participation in contractual meetings with third parties
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on employment agreement between the company and employees
- Provide commercial contract management & contract drafting of award strategies
- Provision of legal briefs on litigation matters as at when necessary
- Representation of company with appropriate regulatory bodies
- Providing secretarial / legal support services at Board and management meetings
- Review of all proposals from contractors and subcontractors
- Drafting of MOU / MOA on behalf of the company
- Monitoring compliance with statutory obligations and service codes
- Liaising with representatives of host communities at company’s field locations
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Maintain current knowledge and changes in petroleum laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law. A Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written French is a must
- Have proven experience in handling legal matters pertaining to oil and gas business
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail