Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood / Cash Base Transfer Officer
Location: Maiduguri – Maguri & Ngazai, Borno
- The purpose of the Food Security and Livelihoods / Cash Base Transfer Officer (FSL/CBT) position is to assist International GREENCODE in delivering life-saving programs in a holistic and sustainable way, keeping in mind how the emergency response will set the ground for transitions and development programming.
- The FSL/CBT Officer will technically be supervised and supported by the Project Manager and the National Cordinator.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct initial sector-specific assessments and make technical recommendations for appropriate activities, both for initial disaster response phase, early recovery and for longer-term disaster risk reduction or rebuilding of livelihoods.
- At the field level, provide assessments of the agricultural & livelihoods situation as it relates to food security and nutrition. Be able to assess seed needs and the parameters of the problem, whether acute or chronic, and make recommendations to GREENCODE on how to best respond to those needs programmatically.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of cash transfers, by maintaining and/or expanding GREENCODE community outreach to ensure beneficiaries have one communication channel with the CBT team.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the Field Monitors by ensuring their presence in the field, keeping track of their attendance, submitting accurate information for their payment at field level and providing instructions to them on the planned activities
- Ensure equal participation by all segments of the beneficiary groups (IDPs, refugees and local communities), taking into consideration issues regarding gender, age, disability and clan affiliation;
- Regularly monitor and evaluate Food Security and Livelihoods Projects performance and provide timely inputs, feedback and impact of the GREENCODE Food Security and Livelihoods interventions;
- At the field level, conduct rapid need assessments of the food and livelihoods situation as it relates to and their impact on nutrition. Be able to assess food and livelihood needs and the parameters of the problem, whether acute or chronic, and make recommendations on how to best respond to those needs programmatically.
- Develop and implement innovative entrepreneurial models that create business opportunities for youth and other project beneficiaries;
- Ensure that GREENCODE objectives are disseminated and raise awareness of GREENCODE approach ensuring all implementation follows GREENCODE policies and procedures;
- Facilitate communities, community-based organizations and community leaders in identifying project beneficiary target groups for GREENCODE Food Security and Livelihoods activities;
- Help empower project beneficiaries (IDPs, refugees and local communities) to attain self-reliance and be able to sustain Food Security and Livelihoods Projects;
- And any other job that may be assigned
- B.Sc or HND certificate from a recognized institution
- Speaks Kanuri fluently
- Skills in technical proposal writing, designing and implementing food security programs
- Fluency in English and local language
- Experience with large complex organization is required, ability to use Microsoft office
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Livelihood, Cash Base Transfer and agriculture project.
- An up-to date understanding of food security, risk reduction, emergency response, early recovery, sustainable development and livelihoods concepts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the link below containing GREENCODE’s Competency Form, paste it on firefox or chrome browser to download, fill and submit form to the following e-mail address: [email protected]g.org and copy [email protected]
Click here to download Competency Form
- The title of the position for example – “Food Security and Livelihood / Cash Base Transfer Officer” must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri and speaks the local language (Hausa and Kanuri) fluently.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
Application Deadline 29th August, 2021.