Black Pen Recruitment – Our client, a Fintech/Startup company, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Financial Services
Job Type: Full-Time – Remote
- They have not only partnered with regular people but they have also partnered with some of the biggest telecommunications and banks throughout Africa.
- As Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, you will report to the CFO and will take the lead in all financial and strategic planning.
- Do have an MBA? Are you an experienced Financial Planner? Do you have strong hands on experience in FinTech industry, financial analysis and modelling skills?
- Then we have the opportunity for you!
- Our client, a Seychelles based remote company, is looking to hire a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
- They designed a fast, cheap and fun way to make transactions in Africa. From currency exchange to business accounts, their app is utilised by people across all walks of life in Africa.
- Our client offers shares as part of their benefits package. They want all employees to enjoy the success of their organisation.
- Lead, manage, and deliver the monthly/rolling forecast, annual budget, and 5 strategic planning process, including developing and updating the financial planning model, identification of KPIs and key business drivers, risks and upsides.
- Continually improve the entire financial planning process and financial model in terms of accuracy and efficiency as well as relevancy of insights to the senior management team.
- Ensure that the business has the needed accurate Financial Systems as well as efficient links/accounts between Accounting/Actuals and Planning.
- Support the evaluation of growth initiatives within the African Fintech industry through financial modelling and analysis.
- Build strong relationships with senior executives as well as finance and operating executives in London, US, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
- Develop a robust, iterative financial planning and forecasting model with key KPI inputs and P&L, B/S, and cash outputs.
- Prepare strategic and financial well-written, documented, and concise power-point presentations for senior management, board, investors, and prospective investors, including presentations on business performance, kpis, business strategy, strategic investments, recommendations, etc. as needed.
- Support key business decision-making and strategic initiatives through ad hoc analyses and the building meaningful financial models.
- Cross-Train with the Corporate Controller.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a proven ability to manage and meet all deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- MBA strongly preferred (B.A./B.S. required).
- 5 years of business experience in investment banking
- Digital/FinTech industry and a strong understanding of digital FinTech business models as knowledge and relationships within the African markets are a plus.
- Demonstrated strong financial analysis, valuation, and planning skills and/or investment analysis experience.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organized.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and an ability to share previous excel iterative budgeting and forecast models and powerpoint presentations that the candidate has created.
- Strong financial modelling skills, with demonstrated ability to create iterative planning and investment/assessment financial models that can adapt and flex to key meaningful what/if questions that are asked.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to create well written, incisive, and concise graphic power-point presentations to explain business performance/KPI variances, identify key business drivers, and key strategic initiatives/recommendations for senior management, the board, or outside investors.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial reporting and accounting.
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply