Black Pen Recruitment – Our client, a Fintech/Startup company, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Financial Services
Job Type: Full-Time – Remote
- They have not only partnered with regular people but they have also partnered with some of the biggest telecommunications and banks throughout Africa.
- As Financial Controller, you will work closely with our client’s finance department in Ghana and will be the first point of contact for Finance in Ghana and the country management team in Ghana.
- Are you an experienced Financial Controller? Are you a qualified account with hands on experience managing cash? Are you looking for a remote job? Do you want to be a part of an up and coming startup?
- Then we have the opportunity for you!
- Our client, a Seychelles based remote company, is looking to hire a Financial Controller.
- They designed a fast, cheap and fun way to make transactions in Africa. From currency exchange to business accounts, their app is utilised by people across all walks of life in Africa.
- Our client offers shares as part of their benefits package. They want all employees to enjoy the success of their organisation.
- Liaise with all external local Auditors, Tax Preparers, Payroll, and other outside suppliers to ensure timely submission and completion of all tax and statutory filings, VAT, payroll, etc
- Manage local bank relationships
- Proactively manage all local cash and cash requirements, including accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Manage entire Ghana general ledger, including monthly journal entries and close, through to trial balance and management accounts
- Perform all monthly reconciliations as required, including bank, VAT, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Design and implement robust processes and controls throughout the Ghana business
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Assist in the Corporate reporting and financial planning and performance analysis when needed
- Provide financial and analytical support to the Country General Manager and management team, including the oversight and reporting on key operational and sales key performance indicators
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- University educated with a related Business or Finance degree and Qualified Accountant, preferably at least 5-7 years post qualified experience
- Knowledge and experience with managing a general ledger and monthly close and reviewing and/or preparing VAT, payroll, and statutory filings
- A flexible approach and a can-do attitude given that this role will need to support finance activities across the wider group during busy periods
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Detailed knowledge and experience with local accounting and compliance requirements
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organized
- Strong Microsoft Excel and IT skills
- Experience with managing cash, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Proven ability to cope in a busy and demanding work environment and consistently meet strict deadlines
- Experience working in a finance and administration role, multinational corporate experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential, given that this role requires significant overseas liaison with teams across Africa, the US and the UK
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply