Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE), a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Volunteer
Location: Ebonyi State
Employment Type: Volunteer
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- The Finance Volunteer will assist with the processing of financial transactions
- Ensure that financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Advice and assist staff members on all aspects of travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and paid after authorization of due for claims and services.
- Ensure financial reports are timely provided according to financial guidelines.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification, Requirement and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Applicants that are based in the eastern region will be added
- Minimum of one (1) year accounting and finance experience.
- Working knowledge of Quick-book accounting package
- Second class upper or high credit will be added advantage
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of the state.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected
Application Deadline 8th December, 2021.