MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Operations Officer (Contract)
Slots: 2 Openings
Job Type: Contract
- The Finance Operations Officer will be responsible for ensuring all reconciling items are promptly treated, and all revenue and expenses are captured within the reporting period.
Other job functions include:
- Assist in preparing bank reconciliations.
- Assist in Fixed Asset management process i.e. Creating of asset profile for newly acquired assets, conversion of purchase orders to invoice and capitalization of assets, regular check for accuracy of depreciation computation, reconciliation of discrepancies between asset register and TB balances on a monthly basis, preparation of fixed asset movement schedules, additions, reclass, reversals, intercompany transfers, WIP schedules, disposal schedules etc.
- Research, track, and resolve (or properly refer) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Identify and update Supervisor of significant problems, discrepancies, risks etc
- Prepare supporting documents, reports, records etc. for financial transactions.
- Ensure compliance with all accounting standards, policies and procedures, legal/statutory and company regulations.
- Maintain regular contact with other staff, departments and remote offices on procurement and other finance matters, as well as to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
- Assist in Inventory management process i.e. posting of inventory movement journals, inventory to fixed asset journals with accuracy, reconciliation of inventory balance discrepancies and monthly preparation of Inventory reports
- Assist in ensuring proper file management, easy treating of vouchers to GL as well as maintaining well reconciled vendor statement and file.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining of daily worksheets and recording of accounting entries in the general ledger system.
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of the general ledger postings.
- Confirm authorizations for all requests and obtain necessary supporting documents.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- First Degree in Finance / Accounting
- ICAN/ACCA Required.
- Efficient use of accounting templates.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
- 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Strong accounting background
- Basic typing and data entry skills.
Demands of the Job
- Working knowledge of any accounting application.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Able to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percent.
- Well organized.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply