The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The goal of the Fund is to institutionalize access to resources for women in politics in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Contract length: One year (renewable), contract
- We are recruiting experienced personnel to fill various positions under a donor-funded project on Women’s Political Participation. The new program aims to promote democratic consolidation in Nigeria by contributing to the building of strong, inclusive, effective, and legitimate democratic institutions. The global objective of this program is: to foster a functioning pluralistic, inclusive, participatory, and representative democracy in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- The specific objective of this program is to engender the conditions for inclusive, transparent, credible, and peaceful elections and a more inclusive decision-making process with the meaningful participation of women.
- The priority of this program is to enhance women’s political participation and demand greater transparency and accountability in the electoral and decision-making process and promote greater women’s participation.
- To contribute to this long-term aim, the project will work towards increasing awareness of women by enhancing their capacity to engage in Nigeria’s electoral process. This increased awareness will contribute to the informed participation of women in the 2023 general elections and other elections in Nigeria.
- Be professional and versatile in the use of online QuickBooks
- Responsible for the management and supervision of financial administration systems, procedures and ensuring full compliance.
- Responsible for verification of expenditure and implementation of corresponding payments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports/statements for the project with standard accounting principles-including budget tracking.
- Ensure financial system data is up to date and adherence to financial requirements.
- Ensure accurate production of donor reports in accordance with the specified format within the agreed timeframe in coordination with the program.
- Ensure Donor Contract Management Systems are updated, with up-to-date information (grant amount, duration of the grant, allocation to projects, contract realignments, reporting dates).
- Ensure that the originals of the supporting documents of all project transactions, including partners transactions, are filed/archived in the NWTF office to allow easy access during audit or Pre-audits.
- Support in cash and bank management including cash handling and cash flow monitoring.
- Review all the supporting documents related to the projects to ensure that they comply with NWTF rules prior to any commitment to suppliers.
- Review all partners’ financial reports and supporting documents monthly and provide written feedback to partners for adjustments or disallowed expenditures.
- Support efficient conduct of the statutory audit, partners’ audit, and donor fund audits in collaboration with finance teams in the field base.
- Ensure the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial reports for internal and external purposes.
- Ensure compliance with government law and regulation in relation to taxation.
- Review the Balance Sheet accounts and submit monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation and closing documents for review and further submission.
- Review of monthly payroll and ensure all statutory deductions for the month are promptly remitted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/Government.
Negotiable and competitive within the sector.
- Work Environment: Traditional Office hours of 8 am – 5 pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja.
- Health Insurance
- 28 days leave
- Opportunity to travel across states Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply