Transblue Limited, a recently launched partnership with QNET, is a direct selling company that offers a wide range of products in the areas of health, wellness, lifestyle and education through an e-commerce platform.
Due to this expansion into Nigeria market, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Control Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- As Manager Financial Control & Reporting you are end responsible for all financial activities in the organization including various planning & control tasks, consolidation, and reporting.
- You will manage the finance team and will report to the Director of Finance and Business Operations.
- The Manager Financial Control & Reporting plays a critical role in implementing and optimizing the group policies & procedures.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Design, assess, implement and monitor a robust Financial Reporting Controls Framework (FRCF), governance and methodology.
- Incorporate key considerations into the FRCF: mapping internal controls framework; governance; programme management; materiality & tolerances; scope; implementation plan
- Identify, assess, document and monitor business processes (including financial systems) that affect the company’s financial reporting, including the use of process narratives & flowcharts.
- Lead, document and report on risk assessment of the business processes
- Develop policies for controls and control objectives for core financial reporting processes.
- Work with process owners to scope, design, and implement controls to address key risks and ensuring design adequacy and operating effectiveness of financial controls
- Develop and implement the controls testing process, including conducting reviews and testing of financial reporting controls compliance by process owners along with monitoring and overseeing the remediation of deficiencies identified
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to ensure the effectiveness of the controls are tested and the resolution of any audit findings
- Provide ad hoc reports and status on above responsibilities
- Assist with risk management activities and reporting
- Work on projects / initiatives as assigned
- Work closely with stakeholders across functions in a fast-paced environment, able to provide solution to issues
- Stay current on best practices and latest thinking regarding processes, risk management and controls
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with different cultures and levels within the organization
- Develop and deliver training for business process owners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls
- Prepare and manage the ongoing quarterly and annual reporting process for the FRFC to senior management and the board
- Actively seek uniformity and automation of controls for efficient use of financial systems and innovative technology to enhance and continuously improve the design and effectiveness of controls, including efficiencies in documentation, assessment, and testing of controls
Requirements and skills
- Degree in Accounting
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 20th April, 2022.