Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Manager
Job ID: HOT086RX
Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
Brand: Transcorp Hilton Abuja
- A Facility Manager is responsible for the management of activities within the department, ensuring the standards and objectives of the department are implemented and maintained in equipment operation, staff management, and product quality to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- As an Engineering Team Member, you would also be called when needed to multi-task in other sections.
What will I be doing?
- As a Facility Manager, you are responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation.
- You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards.
- Specifically, a Facility Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead the Engineering Team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules
- Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and public areas
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses.
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives
- Manage all Team Member related activities, including recruitment, performance management, training, career planning, disciplinary matters, and team motivation.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Guests and Team Members, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property
- Communicate with Government agencies to ensure full compliance with statutory regulations
- Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for Engineering
- Perform daily checks around the hotel
- Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency program
What are we looking for?
A Facility Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Engineering Degree or its equivalent. Preferably a Degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering.
- Previous Hotel experience is preferred with at least 1 year managerial experience.
- Display of comprehensive computer skills
- Take full responsibility for the Engineering function in the absence of the Chief Engineer or the Assistant Chief Engineer, making decisions and communicating results to other department heads to ensure the dept. provides a seamless service at all times
- Continuously suggest new concepts and improve existing processes that will benefit revenues, costs and guests’ and associates’ satisfaction
- Learn new technology with ease
- Knowledge in overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems.
- Access and input information via the computer and generate required reports.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure
- Knowledgeable in the management of the day-to-day activities of an Engineering team
- Great organizational and problem solving skills with emphasis on “people management”
- Ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct Team members
- Ability to take a customer focused decision independently, whilst remaining cognizant of all management principles
- Effective negotiation and analytical skills, detail oriented and customer oriented approach
- Experience in office procedures, ordering materials, record keeping systems, applicable building laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- First Aid
- Qualification in engineering field
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply