The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fabrication Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Supervise and make requisitions for materials needed for different projects or jobs and prepare monthly chargeback of work done.
- Supervise the fabrication, machinist workshop and spare production.
- Design and construct any of the engineering projects that relate to fabrication.
- Ensure the turner machine and other tools and equipment are in good working condition.
- Fabricate and install/fix equipment like heat exchangers, dryers and other processing equipment.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years of experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a good working knowledge of lathe, milling and shaping machines.
- Have the ability to read engineering drawings in detail and be computer literate.
- We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching a detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 11th May, 2022.