Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Export Documentation Executive
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Upon confirmation from shipping line on status of containers planned on vessel, ensure information is disseminated timely to operations team and other stakeholders, to ensure containers are present at POL and ready to be loaded on board planned vessel
- Ensure to be kept updated on shipping line procedures as they relate to export processes at all times
- Prepare draft Single Goods Declaration (SGD) on NICIS II platform and generate assessment upon confirmation by client
- Ensure all export files are properly closed, with relevant invoices, receipts of payment, Customs documents and all other relevant documents upon completion export process for onward submission to billing
- Facilitate shipping line bookings, prepare, vet, submit shipping instruction for draft BLs and OBLs in a very timely manner and ensure OBLs are dispatched error free and in a timely manner
- Ensure container details, including prefix, number, seal numbers on draft BLs, OBLs and arrival notice are void of errors
- Ensure all required documents required for gate-in are obtained from customer prior to gate-in and ensure they are properly vetted and error free
- Ensure invoices for freight payment, local THC and other charges are generated and processed for payment internally in a timely manner, following vessel departure
- Build/maintain positive relationships with all export clients and resolve complaints/queries quickly and efficiently
- Liaise regularly with the operations team for shipment updates, and ensure clients are kept updated daily on shipment status by means of a daily/weekly report
- Liaise closely with Customers to ensure that cargo/documentation readiness matches vessel arrival
- Ensure agreed KPIs with customers are met on export documentation, such as SI submission, draft BL collection, CCI collection, OBL collection, Customs clearance, etc
- Other related duties as assigned by line manager/HOD
- Educational Qualification: HND / B.Sc in related discipline
- Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience as a Shipping Documentation officer.
- Ability to effectively establish good working relationship, present information and respond to questions from managers, and clients
- Excellent computer skills – Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc
- Must be a good team player
- Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be considered for the next phase of the exercise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage customers
- A comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks
- Confident, Friendly and Presentable.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 8th August, 2021.