Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Export Clearing Officer (Cement Industry)
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Export
- We are currently seeking to employ a Clearing Officer to manage all import and export processes from pre-shipping, shipping to delivery of the consignment.
- Develop relevant documentation required for shipping/ clearing of materials for DCP
- Develop and submit all required documents to relevant agencies and maintain/file copies as required.
- Develop periodic customs reports and highlight issues, for the attention of the Logistics Manager.
- Implement approved improvement initiatives for the logistics function
- Consult with relevant government agencies and clearance agents to expedite clearance of all materials.
- Manage DCP’s relationship with relevant regulatory authorities and escalate challenges to Logistics Manager
- Ensure all claims and notices from regulatory agencies are managed appropriately.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on logistics activities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Logistics Manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in a clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Proficiency in international documentation, LC, shipping processes, bill of lading.
- Must have the ability to oversee customs and shipping companies for imports, temporary importation, and exports.
- Must have knowledge of the customs and excise HS Code and explanatory notes.
- Meticulous, organized, and able to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience working with customs brokers, forwarders, and international partners
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, banks, shipping companies, and terminals.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply