First Excelsia Professional Services Limited – Our client in theTechnology Department is charged with implementing products that will help the company scale with excellence and innovation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager (Technology)
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- As the Engineering Manager (Technology), you will be responsible for leading the Technology Department with a full stack team of software engineers and developers.
- You will also work with the company to research, develop and update designs and products.
- You will be responsible for mentorship, coaching and monitoring of the health of the engineering team.
- The ideal candidates will have working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another.
- Your ability to be successful in this role will require that you possess exceptional foresight, great communication skills, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
What You’ll Do
- Engage with users and key stakeholders to understand problems and requirements
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency and stability of products
- Support engineers in identifying, resolving, prioritizing and escalating issues that impact their work
- Support the training and development of the engineering team to increase performance
- Manage engineers and team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus
- Manage, measure and improve engineering processes and continuously improve software development lifecycle processes
- Encourage and promote best engineering practices
- Advocate for and ensure prioritization of technical initiatives working with Product Managers
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience and hands-on experience designing, building and shipping software
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing and growing software engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write technical documents and present ideas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and code when necessary
- Ability to read the code that your team is writing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Engineering Manager (Technology)” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th June, 2021.