Driver – Nigeria IHP – Katagum at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver – Nigeria IHP – Katagum
Ref No: req11576
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks a Driver for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 3. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 3 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Bauchi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 3 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The Driver is a full-time position to support the Nigeria Integrated Health Program staff in the safe transport of team members and deliveries. Under immediate supervision of the Operations Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive vehicles as directed, including transporting staff to the field, performing pickups and delivery tasks; responsible for routine vehicle maintenance, including inspecting the vehicle; noting damage, scratches, malfunctions, or problems and reporting any faults to senior driver; and ensuring vehicles are clean, well maintained, and road worthy at all times
- Compile trip reports for drivers and weekly log sheets and enter into the fuel consumption report; process monthly fuel requests and consolidate fuel liquidations for office vehicles
- Ensure that self and all passengers are wearing seatbelts prior to departure, including those in the back seat
- Report any accidents involved while driving project vehicle to the police and appropriate authorities; ensure vehicle has all the required forms before starting a trip.
- Act as administrative assistant, when not driving.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
The Driver should:
- Have an Ordinary National Diploma (OND);
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Understand the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with emphasis on Northern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Familiar with the culture of the area.
- Familiar with the local terrain and routes and respond appropriately, in case of emergency.
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sorry the application deadline for this job has elapsed